- 9 -

As we pulled apart we noticed colorful leaves dancing around us in a vortex of wind. My finger glow soon dimmed and the dancing leaves stopped as it faded.

“Did you just do that?” Tedros asked as his hands moved to hold mine. He held up the one with the finger glow and watched it fade.

“Maybe you should kiss me again to confirm it.” I said with not a trace of flirtation in my voice.

Tedros moved his hands to cup my cheeks and pressed a long kiss to my lips and again the vortex of leaves soared around us this time in a pattern. He pulled away and this time the leaves didn't stop. I used my finger to guide them around us. I soon stood to see if I could control it enough to sweep me off my feet.

I moved away from the picnic as tedros watched intently. I brought all the wind together and moved it fast behind me towards my lower back. Once the wind collided with me I flipped upwards in the air and did a somersault landing with one of my knees on the ground.

“That was amazing! You should get it to somersault me this time.” he said as he got up and stood beside me.

I concentrated my finger glow on the wind and brought it together then threw it at tedros knocking him off his feet allowing him to do a somersault in the air landing on both his feet. He came over to me and grasped my shoulders and shook them with excitement.

“What should I try next?” I asked him as we moved away from the lake to a more visible clearing.

“Try levitating.” he said as he backed away, giving me some space.

I moved the air below me and used one hand to force it up while I used the other to force it down making an invisible step in front of me. I stepped on it carefully and remained in the air like I expected. I moved my attention away from that spot and over to another where I stepped and there was an invisible platform.

As I gained more confidence I began running around in the air on invisible platforms I had created. I looked down to see tedros looking mildly concerned at the height I was at so I began moving downwards eventually returning to the real ground.

“Physics could never.” I said as I fell backwards on an invisible chair.

“You mastered your power rather quickly.” he complimented.

“You know I realize now that we never even ate the food at the picnic. We should go back and do that.” I said getting up and leading him back to the secluded spot.

We went back to the picnic and sat down on opposite sides of the blanket and began eating lunch. I was eating strawberries as Tedros was telling me a story about his parents when a bush behind me started rustling. I turned around and moved towards the bush when a little cat popped out. I jumped back and tedros laughed as he came up beside me and started petting the cat.

“We should feed it some food.” he suggested and i picked up a piece of ham and started breaking it up into little pieces.

I handed the little pieces of ham to Tedros and he fed them to the cat. I was weary of the little animal because it could very well be a student. We had all gotten our finger glows after all and some people could transform into animals.

“Do you think it's a student?” I asked as I leaned into tedros.

“No, i've seen students transform into animals before. Their eyes are usually more human, this is definitely a cat.” he reassured me as he started playing with the cat.

The cat approached me and brushed its head against my leg and I lightly petted the cat with my finger. As I made contact with the cat it jumped onto my lap and put its paws on my chest as it looked into my eyes. I wasn't one to believe the stories about animals choosing princesses but it felt like this cat came up to me and decided that it wanted me to be its owner. I too felt the connection and pulled the cat into a hug.