- 13 -

I had recovered over the last few days and had begun attending my classes again. Everyone was keeping an eye on me but everything was rather quiet with me and the rest of the school. Except for the evers ball.

The evers ball was fast approaching and the princesses and princes had begun approaching me again asking me to collect information about their crushes.

I was still very preoccupied with what had happened earlier that week and was struggling to keep up with everything people told me. The evers ball slipped my mind whenever someone wasn't asking me to talk to someone for them and I could tell my inability to focus was making tedros anxious.

Professor dovey suggested that I take up meditation and I listened to her suggestion. I was currently in a secluded spot in the courtyard with a blindfold over my eyes. I had been there for the last two hours decompressing before lunch. It may have been really warm outside but I was using my magic to send drafts of wind past me to cool me off.

I heard footsteps in the grass as someone approached me and sat in front of me. Then I felt a fluffy cat pounce on me as hands came around my head and untied my blindfold. I smiled and looked at tedros but then winced at the bright sunlight that was now shining in my eyes.

“How are you feeling?” he asked as he took my hand in his.

“I'm feeling better.” I replied as I squeezed his hand then released it to play with the cat in my lap.

“Are you ready to go to lunch?” he asked as he stood up and held his hand out to me. I collected Kevin in my arm and took his hand as he helped me onto my feet.

“I don't really want to sit at the main table with the others.” I said as we moved towards the school.

“We can sit at a different table. I'll tell them you want to sit somewhere else.” he said.

“Thank you.” I said as I smiled and giggled.

“Why are you so happy?” he asked as he cracked a smile as well.

“Because I'm with you.” I answered as I bumped shoulders with him.

“You make me happy too.” he said sweetly as we entered the dining hall.

“Hey look everyone it's the screaming cat girl!” one of the larger nevers shouted at me trying to catch my attention.

This group of nevers had been harassing me for the entire week and I had clearly had enough. I turned my head away from them and held my hand up towards them and a gust of wind blew them off their feet. Tedros laughed as we went to the table. Kevin crawled onto my shoulder so I could get something to eat.

We went to an empty table and set down our food. Tedros pulled out my chair for me and took Kevin off my shoulder then went to tell the others we were going to sit somewhere else today. Once he returned and sat beside me we both began eating and occasionally giving kevin nibbles of food.

Once we cleaned our plates, Tedros leaned back and rested his arm around my shoulders as he pulled me closer to him. Kevin started walking along his outstretched arm and stepped on his head causing both of us to laugh as he jumped into my arms.

“So i was wondering what dress you're wearing to the evers ball so i can match.” he said as he played with my hair.

“Why do you want to match?” I asked as I played with Kevin in my lap.

“Because we're going together.” he said cheekily as he looked at my reaction.

“And you're just going to decide that without asking me?” I asked him in a teasing manner.

“Do you want me to ask you properly?” he asked as all sense of cheekiness left his voice.

“No, I saw this coming.” I answered as I looked at his surprised face.

“Of course because its not like you've known who everyone else was going to ask too.” he said jokingly as he feigned offense at the fact that i knew this would happen.

“Hey, don't make me change my mind.” I said as I made a silly pout on my face.

“So you are planning on going with me.” he said as he turned my head to face him.

“I was.” I said under my breath but still loud enough for him to hear.

“And you still are.” he said as he inched his face closer to mine to tease me.

“Yes I am.” I said sarcastically as I closed the gap between us. We began hearing gasps and giggles behind us so we broke apart and looked at the table of evers all staring at us with googly eyes at what they just witnessed.

“Oh shut up it's not like you haven't seen me kiss her before.” Tedros complained as a few princes came over to pat him on the shoulder.

“Ah but this time she kissed you.” one pointed out.

“How long have you been watching us?” tedros questioned suspiciously.

“The whole time.” one admitted. “Your cat’s cute by the way. What did you name it?”

“Kevin.” I answered as I raised him over my head.

“Aww it's like you guys are parents and your cat is your love child.” the prince continued to tease.

“Go away.” tedros said as he smacked him in the chest.

I laughed as we got up and began heading towards the history room. Now that I knew pretty much everyone in the school, many of them felt a lot more comfortable messing with the two of us since we were the biggest source of tea at the moment.

When we got into the history room we saw the princes all huddled together while the princesses were getting there things together and sitting down in the ring of chairs.

I moved towards the crowd of princes and tedros followed me waiting for what i would say next. I could tell he was fighting a grin as the princes parted ways for me to enter the huddle.

“Alright, who's asking this time?” I asked as all the boys pointed at a brunette boy who looked nervous. It was one of the boys who had come to tease tedros and I, which gave me an idea. “Comeon man i already told you she's into you go shoot your shot.” I said supportively.

“Alright.” he said as he mustered up the courage and began walking towards the princesses.

All the princesses parted ways except for one who looked like she was hiding her excitement. I couldn't hear him ask her but as soon as the princess jumped at him with a hug i began hooting at him like he did at me and tedros. Tedros caught on and began doing the same as we walked towards them clapping for the couple.

“I should have seen this coming.” the boy said as he shook our hands respectfully accepting the fact that we had gotten payback.

The teacher entered a moment later and we all settled down and sat in our seats as he began the lecture of the day. I began drawing a picture but tedros pulled my non-dominant hand away from holding the paper still. He started messing with the rings I had on before he eventually just slipped into holding it.

After the class was over we went back to the courtyard for a stroll. We were joined by a few other couples who wanted to go on a stroll during golden hour. I was having one of the most normal days since I had the dream and I was very happy. I noticed on the stroll that Beatrix was also walking along the path through the gardens.

She was with a boy who seemed to be completely infatuated with her and she seemed to be enjoying herself too. I was happy to see her happy. It made me realize the difference between need and want.

Beatrix wanted tedros but didn't need him. Maybe that's what Rafal meant by what he said. I didn't intend for my thoughts to go in that direction but tedros quickly snapped me out of it as he spoke.

“Do you know where Kevin went?”