- 42 -

I have hyper focused on my studies lately as the trial was coming up in a few days and I had to be a part of it. I pushed away anyone who tried to come close to me and everyone became my challenge. Instead of sleeping through the night I would stay up and run around using my finger glow, allowing me to run through the sky.

I was doing everything in my power to avoid tedros and all his drama. He was upset at first but after I refused to speak to him he just started avoiding me too. I couldn't lie that I was a bit jealous when I would see him with Agatha and sophie. He was moving on and as much as i would like to say i was as well, i really wasn't moving on at all.

Professor dovey kept trying to get me to speak to people but between all the boys talking about the trial scores and the princesses talking about the evers ball i was fed up to the point that i'd rather talk to a rat. 

I was in my room right now finishing up some homework. I kept my curtains drawn and my balcony door locked so I wouldn't be able to see tedros’ balcony from there. Sometimes I could hear him doing random things but I would always blast music to drown him out. I almost thought he was trying to catch my attention.

This was one of those moments where tedros was grunting loudly and I blasted music as I finished scribbling on a paper.

“It's times like these that make me wish I had more homework.” I said out loud to Kevin who was laying on the ground next to me.

“Meow.” Kevin said as I rubbed his head.

“Yes, I know I have class in five minutes.” I said as I got to my feet and put a pair of shoes on.

“Meooow!” Kevin said even louder this time.

“Kevin, you dumb cat. Why wouldn't I take you to class with me?” I asked the cat as I picked it up and grabbed my school bag.

I left my room and ran down the stairs as I made my way to class.

—-------------

After class I didn't have any other places to go for the next few days. I had successfully gotten into the trial against all the rest of the people in my forest group and because I had been focusing so much on my studies I had come out on top. The only complication, tedros and sophie were also in the trial.

A little bird, or maybe I had been stalking Agatha, had told me Sophie and Tedros had to come out of the trial together by the time the sun rose in order to prove she was a princess. She obviously wasn't so i had no problem planning on making this very difficult for the two girls and tedros.

I would be wearing my armor which would give me a natural advantage since I was the only one in armor. I won't be allowed to have my sword with me but I think flying is enough of an advantage. I could also mogrify into an owl which would make it easier for me to hide and also hear people coming.

I wasn't entirely sure who knew I could mogrify but I wasn't betting on it being a surprise to some of them. It was the nevers i was worried about however. No rules meant that the nevers could literally go to every length to hunt me down and kill me and as much as i knew this school i barely knew the blue forest.

“y/n?” a voice asked and I snapped out of my daze.

“What?” I asked as I whipped around to see professor dovey standing behind me with an annoyed look on her face.

“You've been standing in the same spot for the last ten minutes without moving.” she said in a concerned tone.

“I'll go find another spot, sorry.” i said stupidly as i hurried off.

“No, I need to speak with you.” she said sternly and I hurried back.

“To your office?” I asked as I nodded in the direction of the room.

“Of course.” she said as she guided me away from the corridor

After we entered her office I sat my things on the ground by the door then moved to sit on a cushy sofa by an open window. The breeze flew through the window as professor dovey slammed the shutters closed and drew the curtains so I wouldn't get distracted again.

“So, i know you have been quite focused on the trial but i have one request for you when you get into the blue forest.” she started.

“What is it?” I asked almost immediately after she finished speaking. It came out in a determined tone because I was willing to do anything to make my life less boring, hence the reason I managed to zone out in the middle of a corridor for a full ten minutes.

“So you know Sophie and Tedros plan to work together in the trial. Well, I need you to do whatever it takes to prevent her from helping tedros in the trial. We already have measures set up and I need it to be you that saves tedros, not her.” professor dovey explained.

“Why?” I asked in confusion at the stupid request she just made.

“She's a witch. She can't go to the evers ball.” professor dovey said with a blank stare.

“Professor dovey, if i save tedros then he will come back to me and leave sophie. The reason this is bad is because rafal tried to go after me but tedros got in the way and now he's going after sophie and as soon as i remove tedros from getting in his way sophie will wreak havoc on the school because she has no brain cells and does whatever people tell her to.” I explained aggressively as I began to stand.

“y/n where is all this coming from? That is not how an ever behaves.” she reprimanded and i threw my hands up in the air in annoyance.

“My brain!” I answered sarcastically.

“I will remove you from the trial unless you agree.” she said calmly.

“Are you serious?!”

“I don't take these matters lightly.” she said as she rose to my height.

“You're asking me to do a very dangerous thing that will inevitably destroy the school.” I said in a monotone voice as I turned around to walk away only to be stopped by her grabbing my arm from over the desk.

“Don't you want true love with tedros?” she asked clearly thinking this would seal the deal.

“This isn't about love when lives are at stake!” I shouted at her then wrenched my arm out of her grip. I managed to reach the door before she spoke again.

“I guess i'll be removing you from the trial then?” she threatened.

“I'll do what I have to but I'm doing it my way.” I answered then left the room.

I don't know what I had just gotten myself into. I had to be in that trial but now I was stuck in between saving the school and being a reason why it fell. Every time I try to blame something else it all comes back to me. I'm the reason all of this is happening.

I could just die right now and make everything easier but I'm just a student and barely know the lengths anyone will go. Especially rafal.

Once I arrived in my room I had a good three minute long cry then moved straight to replanning my whole focus in the trial. I needed to stick around but I also didn't need to win.

I had two options: get sophie to betray tedros, or get tedros to betray sophie.

Of course Tedros is way too honorable to betray her so unless i could get him to kiss me i was stuck with the first option