- 16 -

My ears were ringing as each second went by in a rhythmic pattern like my mind was counting down the seconds before my demise. It may have also been because I had bashed my head repeatedly on the ground and it was still healing. My room had been moved temporarily so that i could be kept an eye on.

I was lying in my bed with tedros beatrix and kiko at my side along with kevin who was laying beside me as tedros and i both stroked the little cat. Tedros had brought the homework for fairy tale studies for me and I was using Kiko's notes since she had the neatest and most detailed ones. I was going to use tedros’ notes but i couldn't read them so he went and got the two princesses i was closest with to help me.

Professor dovey had sent tea and sandwiches down to the four of us and a little dish of food for Kevin when lunch came around. The three of them were almost always at my side keeping me company as I healed and I appreciated the visits even if I was asleep half the time.

“Do you know when you'll be allowed to walk again?” tedros asked once I finished the paper.

“Soon.” I replied simply as I moved to get my sketchbook. I was too slow though because tedros quickly grabbed it off the bedside table and handed it to me.

“That's what you said the last four times.” Tristan called to us from the door. He often came to visit me. It may have just been because this is where Kiko was but Tristan had heard just about everything since the beginning so he probably did care about me and wanted to visit sometimes.

“I won't deny that.'' I replied as he came and sat beside kiko.

“Professor dovey said you were getting better.” kiko offered simply.

“Yea i figured that or id be out cold right now.” I said as I flipped through the pages of the sketchbook.

“Did you draw all of these?” Beatrix asked as she intercepted my page flipping.

“Yea, here, have a look.” I said as she pulled it off my lap and into her own.

“These are beautiful.” she complimented as she flipped the pages slowly.

“Do you want one?” I asked as she passed the book back to me.

“Of course.” she said excitedly.

I picked one out of her at the wish fish with her finger grazing the rippling water and I tore it out. I handed it to her and she smiled at the drawing of herself.

“Can I have one?” Kiko asked as she tried to hide her excitement.

I picked one out of her and Tristan dancing in the dance class. I had drawn this while they were dancing for an example in the class and it had turned out beautifully despite the moving references. I handed it to them and Kiko immediately had a giddy smile on her face as she hugged the picture then showed tristan.

“I love it!” she squealed excitedly.

I smiled brightly at them and Tedros slipped his hand in mine, making me turn my head to him with an even bigger smile on my face.

“You're so beautiful when you're happy.” Tedros whispered as his other hand brushed some hair out of my face.

“No guys were not doing that. Stop it Ted." Tristan said as he held up his hand trying to shew tedros off of me.

“Yea no flirting in public.” Beatrix added trying to hold in a laugh as she pulled my hands away from tedros.

I lightly slapped her hands away jokingly as she gasped and Tristan kiko and tedros joined in the hand slapping game. We were all laughing as we playfully fought until tedros got one of his hands out and touched my cheek pulling my face into a kiss. The room erupted in protests as Beatrix was trying to pull me back while Tristan was effectively dragging tedros to the floor.