- 45 -

“I think she's waking up, get over here!” someone called out as I began to stir.

“Go get dovey!” another person called out and there was shuffling and a slamming door before I was able to make out faces through my vision.

Above me was the face of Chaddick and when I looked to my right I saw Nicholas sitting calmly. I was in my room and when I tried to sit up I saw Tedros was near my bathroom filling a glass of water while Tristan kiko and beatrix were standing at the foot of my bed.

“Who just left?” I asked in a cracked voice as Nicholas and Chaddick moved the pillows behind me so I could sit up.

“Yuba. he's been keeping watch while youve been out since the first time you started thrashing around.” Tristan answered from a distance as he walked away from the bed to open the door for when professor dovey arrived.

“I was thrashing?” I asked confusedly as I felt my sore neck.

“Nearly fell out of your bed. It was so bad, but Tedros got to you in time." Beatrix entered the conversation.

“How long has it been?”

“You missed the circus of talents. Happened a couple of hours ago but the evers won again. The evers ball is tomorrow night so hopefully professor dovey will clear you to go with tedros." Kiko said excitedly.

“Everyone away from the bed!” professor dovey said in her shrill voice, making me reach to cover my ears.

“What happened?” I questioned.

“Sophie’s gone mad. She tried to break your neck with blood magic but you managed to stop her in time but you've been having fever dreams for the last few weeks. I've cleared you to go to the ball as long as you have tedros with you at all times. I don't want another incident.” she explained as she tried to touch me but i slapped her hand away.

“Don't touch me after everything you made me do.” I said with a snarl as I threw the sheets off of me.

“Whatever do you mean?” she asked.

“Do you think I have amnesia? You made me break Sophie and tedros up. I didn't want to do any of that as much as I wanted tedros back. This is not how things should be done. Don't assume I forgive you just because you saved my life." I said harshly before I realized who was in the room.

“Professor dovey please leave.” Nicholas said gently as he pushed her out of the room along with yuba.

Once she was gone I moved to the center of the room and wrapped one of my hands around the back of my neck and the other one under my jaw and turned my head to the side quickly sending loud pops down my neck.

“Agh!” Chaddick screamed at the sound.

“y/n what was that!?” Beatrix asked in a concerned shriek.

“Are you okay!?” Tedros asked as he immediately cupped my face in his hands making sure I was okay.

“I was just cracking my neck, relax.” I said casually as I did the other side and all five of the people in my room cringed.

Everyone covered their ears as I went ahead and cracked all my other bones. I was feeling much better after all my muscles relaxed and it was almost like my neck didn’t nearly get snapped.

“Who is everyone going to the ball with?” I asked.

“I asked beatrix.” Chaddick said proudly.

“I asked reena.” Nicholas said.

“I asked kiko.” Tristan said as he threw his arm over the girl's shoulder and she giggled.

“How about you tedros, who did you ask?” I said fully expecting him to have asked someone else since I wasn't at the circus of talents.