- 7 -

I awoke the next morning and was reminded that I had to wear the yellow dress tedros had picked for me. It was hanging in all its glory right in front of me and I groaned at the sight. I crawled out of bed and washed up before I got into the dress and began working on my hair and makeup.

Before I made my way down the stairs to breakfast I tried to strap my sword belt around my waist but it wasn't working. I resorted to strapping my hidden blade on my thigh beneath my dress.

When I got to the dinning hall I saw heads turning and jaws dropping. I yawned and waved at all the onlookers. I got some breakfast and sat at a lonely  table before I noticed Tedros was staring at me as he was drowning in all the other princesses.

As I watched them interact from a distance as I ate my food I noticed a few nerves coming from behind them. It looked like they were going to jump scare the princesses but nevers always took it too far so I decided to step in.

“Beatrix turn around!” I shouted at her as she complied. She stood quickly and many of the other princesses followed.

“This will be fun.” one of the nevers said as they cracked their neck. The other never backed away leaving some space for a fight while Beatrix was too scared to move.

I propped my leg on my chair and hoisted my dress up to grab my dagger. Once I had a firm grip around the handle I jogged over to the group and stepped in front of Beatrix blocking the nevers strike with my dagger. I twisted the nevers arm backwards in an uncomfortable position and pressed my dagger against its neck as I spoke menacingly.

“Don't you ever think about laying your hands on her or anyone else or I might have to actually use my dagger.” I growled before I shoved the never away from me and turned around.

“Thank you.” Beatrix whispered as I rested a hand on her shoulder.

“It's no problem.” I replied, my voice still sounding slightly angry.

“Why did you help me even though I've been so unkind to you?” she asked me genuinely.

“You needed help. I don't care if you've bullied me because if you're in trouble it's any of our responsibilities to make sure you don't get hurt. I dont let my feelings get in the way of a good deed.” i explained as i replaced the blade in its sheath.

“I'm really sorry for being rude to you. Maybe you can join me and the other girls for a sleepover tonight?” she offered trying to make it up to me.

“I might stop by for a little while. Should I see if Tedros wants to swing by?” I asked, trying to brighten her sorrowful mood.

“That would be lovely!” she said as her face lit up.

“I'll see you in fairy tale studies.” I said before I walked out of the hall.

I went to my dorm and grabbed a notebook and pencil then made my way to the classroom. When I entered the room I looked up to see a massive mural of all the former graduates over a large dome ceiling.

There was a circle of chairs in the center of the room surrounding a small fountain. I found myself a seat and waited for more people to enter. Tedros arrived a few minutes later and took a seat beside me.

“So Beatrix invited me to a sleepover and I told her I would invite you to drop by.” I said starting up a conversation.

“I guess I can pop in for a few minutes but I don't want to stay long,” he said.

“I completely agree. I wasn't going to stay long either.” I said as I began doodling the fountain.

“How do you do that?” he asked as he pointed at the strokes of pencil on my paper.