- 26 -

After tedros left i went straight to bed with the intention of sleeping off the pain from my ribs. I kept waking myself up to turn in my sleep but I was too tired to stay awake for very long. At one point I woke up to someone coming into my room but I didn't bother making it look like I was awake until they began gently shaking me awake.

I eventually opened my eyes and saw professor dovey right in front of me with a sympathetic look on her face. I was in no mood for her sympathy so I turned my head in the other direction making her frown.

“I brought you dinner if you're up to it.” she said as I let out a sigh. It didn't hurt this time so I expect the magic was doing its job well.

“Im not hungry.” i said bluntly though i knew i was very hungry i couldnt force myself to shove food down my throat because i just didn't have the energy.

“I know you're hungry y/n.” she tried.

“No.” I replied, continuing to be blunt with her.

“Would you eat if I sent tedros in?” she offered.

“No.” I continued to hold my ground.

“I don't want to force you to eat but you need to have something in your stomach before we can give you any medicine.” she explained but i wasn't having it.

“I don't want your medicine and i don't want your pity.'' I said harshly.

“please y/n we are trying to help you.” She continued to plead with me but I wasn't breaking.

“I need space.'' I said as she stood up and began leaving, finally complying with my request to be left alone.

“I'll be back in the morning with breakfast.” she said just before she left my room and closed my door.

I couldn't go back to sleep now so I crawled out of bed and looked at the food professor dovey had brought me. It was my favorite food in the whole entire world. I didn't know how she knew my favorite food was chicken salad sandwiches but tedros had probably told her. I couldn't hold back anymore and I picked up the sandwich and sunk my teeth into the lightly toasted bread as I began tasting all the flavors. There was also an ice cold glass of lemonade beside the plate of sandwiches which I chugged quickly.

As my energy quickly replenished itself I began feeling an overwhelming sense of adrenaline coursing through my veins. It must have been past curfew since the moon was out and high in the night sky. I changed into some leggings and a white shirt then a green vest. I didn't need my sword since I would just be running off a lap around the castle plus I didn't want to make a ton of noise.

I stepped out of my room and was about to begin my run when I remembered there were sleeping people in here so I resorted to sliding down the handrail. Once I reached the bottom I ran out of the school and into the courtyard.

I had to sneak around some gargoyles as I made it past the finely trimmed bushes. I arrived at the lake and decided I wanted to do something stupid. Not many people can say they have run across water can they?

I made a running start and leapt over the waterline as I used my power to run through the air. Not only was i using the air to make me levitate but i was also using it to make me run at lightning speed. I must have looked like a blur as I moved past the lake and began running at the school. I was running through the air in circles slowly climbing in height around the castle until I reached my room where I collapsed onto my bed and fell asleep for good this time.

The next morning a simple chime rang through the school and I shot out of bed. Magic does weird things to people and specifically me because I felt like I was still on a sugar high even though I had to have run at least five miles last night.