- 11 -

I awoke in my room in what felt like the next morning but when I stepped onto the tile of the platform my bed sat on it was ice cold and red. I looked down and saw a misty red liquid that mysteriously moved away as my foot proceeded to move across it. The red liquid was moving across my wall and when I looked at the door of my balcony I saw the red liquid was floating all across the entire school. I moved towards the center of my room, circling around at all the blood like liquid collecting in the center of my room to create a figure of a man.

As the man's face became clear through the blood I realized it must have been blood magic. I had heard of it from my uncle as he told me the stories of the two brothers. The school masters.

I moved towards the figure and touched his face to see if it was real. It was very real in fact. It was so warm and youthful I could almost feel myself being drawn to the man before I remembered tedros. I looked away from him in confusion as i looked back at tedros’ tower

“Tedros does not love you y/n.” the man said, causing me to turn around in disbelief as I marched up to him and stuck my finger in his face.

“And who are you to be the judge of that?” I snarled all traces of further attraction to the man leaving.

“I've been watching you carefully.” he said trying to seduce me with his smooth voice.

“That's weird.” I said as I shoved him back and ran to my sword hanging on a belt from the mannequin with the armor.

“You're wise to be using your popularity to help these people but you're making a mistake. You don't need to please these people or seek validation. You were never raised with people who loved you so why should you let people love you now. Listen to me and I will give you everything you want.” he said as he came closer to me whispering down my neck as I was slowly falling for the soothing voice.

“What's your name?” I asked less harshly.

“Rafal.” he said into my ear then kissed my cheek gently.

I pulled away from his invisible grip and looked into his eyes. There was nothing beyond the dark pupils. The things he said may be true but I wasn't easily convinced. I wanted to believe that I needed the people I had in my life now and Rafal was going to have to try really hard to change my mind even if he's already knocked a few of my walls down.

“Why do you want me?” I asked as I decided to play into his own feelings.

“I've seen you unite the school of good and I want to see what else you could do.” he said as he smiled. I was fooling him.

I inched closer to his face and took his hand in mine. I started breathing more heavily as I brought it up to my face and examined his glowing red finger.

“What is this?” I asked, referring to the blood like magic smoking off of it.

“Blood magic darling.” he said as he grasped my wrist harshly.

“That doesn't sound legal.” I said as he cracked a smile looking down at me.

“Oh it's not.” he said seductively once again drawing me in. He wrapped his arms around my waist leaving no room between us as he breathed down my neck again. I wasn't liking where this went and I felt like I was being violated by a dream. That was it, it was a dream. He wasn't real at all.

I tried to get out of Rafal's grip but I couldn't. I began screaming and shouting much of the words I got out being calls for tedros. I eventually got my leg free and kicked him harshly making the entire room disappear.

It was dark, cold and black and I was all alone falling to my death. I screamed even louder. I cried for someone to save me from falling. I called for tedros, professor dovey, enven rafal himself but nothing stopped me from plummeting to my demise before i jolted backwards and felt warm sheets around me and a soft silky pillow behind my bed.

I burst into tears and loud shrieks because I had clearly wasted my screams and was struggling to get any sounds out. I sat up in the bed but refused to open my eyes as I thrashed around at the nothingness around me.

I fell backwards in exhaustion and whimpered as tears rolled down my cheeks and onto my neck. My shoulders were shaking from the silent sobs. I felt a warm hand on my forehead then a faint voice and I opened my eyes to see who it was.

Professor dovey and Tedros were standing over me with wildly horrified looks on their faces. I felt like I couldn't control my next actions as I leapt out of bed and shoved them both aside as I seethed and moved to the center of my room where I began using my rapidly blinking finger glow to create a hurricane around me.

I collapsed after a few minutes and the wind in the room calmed. I was audibly sobbing on my knees with my face in my hands as my voice began returning.

Tedros came over and gently sat beside me and I quickly leapt into his arms which startled him. I stuck my face into the crook of his neck as he held me there rocking me back and forth.

“I'm sorry. It's going to be okay.” I said confidently as I pulled away and stood to face professor dovey. She looked utterly shocked at my sudden change of mood.

“Darling that was a rather quick change of mood but look at your face.” she said as she moved me towards a mirror.

There was metallic red liquid in the place of tear streaks running down my face as if I was still crying. I stood there for a good fifteen minutes thinking while tedros and professor dovey watched my every move.

I must have been going completely insane as my vision became a completely black image like I was blind. The rest of my senses dialed up as I listened to tedros’ heavy breathing. I decided to see if I could tap into other sounds and I began hearing a scratching sound before I was snapped out of my trance.

“y/n you're talking out loud.” professor dovey shrieked as she shook me back and forth by the shoulders.

“Stop shaking me, I already have a headache.” I said as I opened my eyes and my vision returned.

“Who is doing this to you and why did you say you could hear the storian’s quill!?” she asked me in a shrill voice.

“Rafal. it was, it is, Rafal. It's Rafal, he did this.” I said over again as I began to excite myself. Professor Dovey's face dropped at my words and she let go of my arms.

“Keep an eye on her tedros. I need to have a word with the staff.” she said as she ran as fast as she could out of my room.

I began hyperventilating and collapsed to the ground. The episodes I just went through in such a little amount of time had taken a toll on me and I had become completely exhausted.

Tedros caught my head before it hit the ground and I fell asleep with my head in his lap.