- 15 -

The ball was approaching and I had picked out a deep green dress. I had a really bad feeling about going to the dance. Not because I was going with tedros but because the episodes I have been getting with Rafal have both come every four days and at night. That time was fast approaching and I was terrified that I was going to have another episode and scare everyone. The corset of my dress was gold and made of metal like my armor to protect me and the skirt was light and had two large leg slits. It went straight to the ground with no petticoat or extra material that would make it poofy. I wore my sword around my waist and had the dagger strapped to my leg.

The dance was in about an hour and I was doing my own makeup. Professor dovey had come into my room and fixed the mirror I was using but it still made me uneasy to be using it during the night.

Once it was time to head down to the ball room I made my way out of my room and down to the entrance hall where many of the princesses were waiting to enter and see their princes.

I had a grim look on my face as I grasped the hilt of my sword. Professor dovey came up to me and touched my arm lightly in a calming manner. She was very concerned about what could happen tonight. I had shared the coincidences with her and she said she would keep a close eye on me along with tedros.

I zoned out comfortably as I watched all the princesses leave the room and meet their princes. I stood there with a blank stare out at the glistening window of the ballroom admiring the delicate stained glass picture.

“y/n it's time for you to go.” professor dovey said as she began pushing me out the door.

I walked out onto the balcony and began walking down the stairs meeting tedros’ gaze as he held his hand out to me.

“You look beautiful.” he said as he led me to the center of the ball room and we began a delicate waltz.

“I'm nervous.” I said quietly as my focus was on my finger glow that I thought had begun flickering. It had to have been a trick of the mind though, it was still light outside.

“Look into my eyes and focus on the music. It's just you and me right now. Don't think about anything else.” he said in a low whisper as he leaned close to my face.

Tedros led the dance as we moved to the music along with the rest of the couples. The rhythm had begun to slow as everyone else began to sway as light conversation began. I was looking around again when tedros turned my chin to face him again.

“Eyes on me love, you're going to be okay.” he said as I began to smile brightly at him. “There's that smile I've been waiting all night for.”

“Your eyes are beautiful tedros, their depth is like the ocean, as is your love.” I said in barely a whisper.

“This is true.” he said, also lowering his voice to barely a whisper.

“Do you love me tedros?” I asked abruptly.

Instead of speaking a single word, Tedros let his hand slip from my lower back all the way to my neck as his other hand replaced the other on my back. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he placed a passionate kiss on my lips, not letting go any time soon.

“That is enough!” a low powerful seductive voice came over the room. We pulled apart and a red mist flowed over the ground causing everyone except Tedros and I to fall to the ground in a deep slumber.

Tedros and I drew our weapons at the invisible voice but knowone showed themselves. Tedros had never heard the voice before but I was truly terrified at what I had predicted.

“Show yourself Rafal!” I called as metallic blood seeped through every crevice of the school soaking the walls in a red aura as it collected itself before me.

“It is your time!” he said as a metallic hand grasped me around the neck and lifted me into the air. My sword clattered to the ground as I latched onto his metallic wrist struggling to breath as I hung by the neck.

“Use your power!” Tedros shouted before he was quickly silenced by Rafal.

I took tedros’ advice and tried to blow Rafal away from me but his grip tightened around me. I grasped my hands around his arm again as I was really struggling to breath. My first thought was to send air down to my lungs with my powers but I realized that still wouldn't get me out of this situation so I compressed the air around me and squeezed Rafals now human arm causing the air to burst from the inside of his arm effectively shattering his forearm.

I was released and fell back to the ground managing to catch myself before my entire body landed on the tile.

“You think I'm in a mortal state, you foolish girl.” Rafal said as his human life form lowered to the ground and stared down at me.

“The fact that you keep coming to me proves you're a lying hypocrite. You say I don't need anyone and here you are coming to me, needing me! You were right, I don't need anyone, especially not you!” I screamed in his face as gusts of wind blew past us at every word. I shoved him after every sentence, eventually causing him to stumble.

“This fury, this angst, this power, it's exactly what I want! You are merely proving to me that you are the perfect candidate for my mission.” he exclaimed.

“Well suck it cause I'd rather die than be anything to you. My heart belongs to Tedros and this school and I plan to do whatever it takes to keep you from fulfilling your mission.” I said back to him as I brought my sword to my hand using the wind swirling around the two of us.

“I will be back one day and you will not see the end of this school. I tried to be nice but no matter what I did you made me out to be the villain. I could have been good for you. We could have been one.” he said sadly as the aura disappeared back into him.

“You lie!” I shouted menacingly at him as my sword pierced through the metallic blood making its mark too late upon the disappearing shadow of a man.

I fell to my knees as everyone awoke with no recollection of the events that just occurred. I let out a shrill and incredibly painful sob as I let my head hit the ground. I began hitting it on the ground trying to knock myself out. I didn't want to be alive right now.

Professor dovey shewed everyone away as tedros came and put my head in his lap so I could no longer cause a worse concussion.

“Do you have any memory of what happened?” tedros asked her urgently.

“No!” she answered as she used her magic to feel my aura. “She is in danger. Her body, I feel something eating the good out of her.”

“Rafal said she wouldn't see the end of the school. Maybe he meant she was going to slowly kill her till she was too weak to kill him.” tedros suggested.

“Bring her along this requires further examination. We will be able to get it out of her, good always wins against evil. It's a fairy tale law and even Rafal can't change that.” she said as tedros picked up my lifeless but very awake body and followed her.

The ball carried on but there was much tense feeling in the air as many of the couples stopped dancing entirely as they worried for their friend.

Professor dovey led tedros into an office and had him lay me on a soft sofa as she called in her fellow teachers for assistance.

“Tedros i think it best that you leave for bed.” she told him as tedros was knelt beside me holding my hand.

“I won't be able to sleep until I know she's well. Please, let me stay.” tedros requested as if tears were nearing the brim of his eyelids.

“This is nothing I want to burden you with the sight of.” she said. Tedros looked at her with a surprised face before she clarified a moment later. “Not like that.”

“Please?” Tedros pleaded but professor dovey did not break as she sent him out. I tried to mumble his name because I also wanted him to stay at my side but professor dovey shushed me as she moved to examine the bruising grip marks on my neck. I slowly drifted off as many voices began filing into my mind. The voices of the teachers from both the school for good and the school for evil had arrived to discuss the number Rafal had done on my battered mind and frail body.