Chapter 5

Chapter 5 5

    Zou Qi looked in the direction Lu Rengu pointed, and saw seven or eight feet away, on the thick branch of a sycamore tree growing obliquely, under the cover of lush leaves, hung a group of light green unknown objects.

    Taking a closer look, it is vaguely discernible, the "thing" His Majesty is talking about seems to be a person?

    Judging by the color of the clothes, it seems that she is still a woman?

    But this early in the morning, in such a remote forest, who would hide in this tree?

    Could it be another assassin who made a desperate arrangement to ambush here in advance when he learned that His Majesty would come for a walk in the Imperial Garden?

    In an instant, Zou Qi's mind flashed all kinds of assassination scenes that His Majesty has encountered in the past year since he took the throne.

    Poisoning, backstabbing, witchcraft, spells...

    all conceivable and unexpected despicable methods emerged endlessly.

    Dealing with assassination every day is already a common practice here at the Golden Wolf Guard, and it has long been no surprise.

    But this is the first time I have seen him half-hidden in a tree.

    【His Majesty has already appeared, this person has not been found yet. Isn't this assassin a little stupid? Or some new method? ]

    [He wants to see what new tricks these people can play. ]

    [Also, Changning Palace seems to need to be rectified again. 】

    Zou Qi's face turned cold, he stepped forward lightly, and slowly drew the knife out with his hands.

    The sun shone on the icy blade, reflecting a dazzling cold light, instantly destroying the warmth and tranquility of the summer morning light.

    Lu Rengu took a step forward, stretched out his hand and pushed Zou Qi's half-drawn knife back: "Forget it, I'll go by myself."

    Zou Qi followed closely, feeling puzzled.

    【In the past, when encountering assassins during the day, His Majesty didn't even bother to lift his eyelids, and left them to the Golden Wolf Guards to deal with them. Why did he come forward to check in person today? 】

    【Whenever an assassin is encountered at night, His Majesty executes him personally. I can only watch from the sidelines. If His Majesty does it himself during the day, then I, the Commander-in-Chief of the Golden Wolf Guard, will become a waste. I might as well feed the pigs. up. 】

    Noisy.

    Lu Rengu, who was walking in front, frowned slightly, raised his hand and waved back, signaling Zou Qi not to follow.

    Zou Qi stopped his footsteps, and waited for Lu Rengu to walk three feet away before raising his heels.

    As the distance got closer, Lu Rengu could see clearly.

    The one lying on the tree branch, no, it should be said to be entangled, is a girl.

    A little girl in a light green dress, with both hands and feet, tightly wrapped around the tree trunk, dreaming soundly.

    In midsummer, the temperature is still hot even in the early morning.

    Even under the shade of a tree, her pink cheeks, which had not been applied with makeup, were still flushed, as if she had applied rouge.