The Favorite Child (Spoilers, It's Not You)

"Aren't you literally eleven? You have no reason to hate me this much." you drawled, scratching the back of your head.

Of course, your dad just had to make you spend time with your family. Excluding him. It wasn't a problem that he wasn't around.

From what you gathered; he wasn't usually like that. The king was just busy now. More stressed than usual. You wondered why. Maybe he forced you to spend quality time with your siblings to distract you from it.

The quality family time was going baaaad.

"You're just the daughter of a dirty pirate." One of the oldest twins, Hana, verbally berated you. "And the other kids think that you're a witch."

You smiled at him. "Uh, calling him dirty is a little rude. I'm sure Crooner's a nice man."

His twin brother (whose name you learned was Haru, which was confusing) was ready to back him up. "You have pirate blood in you, aren't you ashamed of tainting the family name with that?"

"Pirate blood? I don't care if I ruin the family name. I'll take you down with me."

You would indeed go Anakin Skywalker on these two brats if they kept it up. They were eating away at your precious training time. The other youngest twins, who were ten, also joined in. It was then a back and forth of really sad insults. What were they? Average middle schoolers?

You might've let strangers walk over you, but you would not hesitate to turn your brothers into your personal punching bags.

"Stupid pirate wannabe!"

"Spoiled brat."

"Creepy old hag!"

"Spoiled brat."

"Demon witch!"

"Spoiled brat."

"Princess Airhead!"

"Spoiled brat."

You smiled again when you watched the twins cry out in dismay. "STOP CALLING US THAT!!"

"I'm enjoying this."

I am too. Whistling, you turned your head away from the bunch. "I'm only speaking the truth. Y'all spoiled as hell. You never say 'please' or 'thank you'."

Haru's face flushed as his three other brothers hid behind him. They were all appalled by your poor grammar. "Y-You're no better than us! You were spoiled the most, you're the first born! You had more time with dad!"

"Yeah, and I learned manners. I don't see you saying thanks to the chefs who make the food. Or the maids that clean your rooms."

"TWO OF THEM PASSED OUT LAST NIGHT DURING THE BANQUET FROM TRYING TO FEED YOU."

Your tone raised to match theirs. "YOU FOUR ACTED LIKE DEMONSPAWN WHEN I SAT DOWN NEXT TO YOU AT THE TABLE! WHAT KIND OF KIDS DO THAT?!"

"YOU ACT WORSE THAN US!"

"LIKE HELL I DO! YOU THREE ARE SO ANNOYING THAT IT MAKES YOU WORSE!"

The tension grew substantially. Lightning crackled on both sides as the boys glared at you and you glared right back. Oh, if you ever came back to Crow Island after you left, you would be beating these boys into the ground once they were legally old enough for you to do so.

It's not like Kosai was going to stop you. He was actively trying to help you escape this awful situation.

"Hurry up. Your father will be meeting with royal advisors, and it will be your chance to leave." Dully noted.