Don't Worry, It Gets Even Worse

Weather on the Grand Line had been unpredictable from the moment you left Reverse Mountain behind. It would be random. If you weren't on your toes, you could be swept away into a whirlpool or caught up in a tornado. Today was no different, but the ship sailed on regardless.

Today's temperature is freezing

You might as well have been in the Ice Age

And the climate was winter (with a bit of spring, time to time)

It's not like it helped! You were experiencing a cold snap and it was horrible. The worst thing that ever happened to you. It was annoying. (You were just being dramatic)

You loved snow, but that was only when you had a heated room to run back to. Merry didn't have that– and small fires were completely useless against the cold.

You looked at all of the snow from inside the kitchen, pulling your special jacket closer to yourself as you zipped it up. Luffy and Usopp were screwing around outside (where their snow sculpture building turned into a snowball war).

It had been snowing ever since you first woke up –and you were colder than you had ever been in your life– so you had just resolved to hang out in the kitchen where everyone else was. Well, everyone who wasn't working outside yet. The day might've been new, but nobody was "working" working yet.

It didn't matter. For now, you were on track to Whiskey Peak. But you didn't arrive there for a while. So all that you worried about was getting the pie out of the oven on time so you could bake even more confectionaries– just so you could keep the kitchen warm. And even then- it was still freezing!

Looks like we're celebrating winter early this year.

"Zoro's sleeping in the snow like a dumbass."

Just the thought of doing something like that made you shiver. Men.

Miss Wednesday and Mr. 9 were wrapped in cocoons of knit blankets. Blankets that you made. You made them a while back– When you and your crew hung around at Crow Island for a day or so.

Speaking of making things; you had panic baked about four batches of cookies and a loaf of bread so you didn't all die of hypothermia. (You'd probably live through the cold- Kosai could keep you warm)

That's it. I'm building a fireplace if it gets any colder.

"How?" Kosai wondered, "You don't know how to do that."

I'll learn.

"How??"

Somehow. You munched on a cookie and leaned against the wall. It was definitely going to get colder. Maybe I should go warm myself up. I can't annoy Zoro... And to be honest, I don't want to get caught up in whatever Usopp and Luffy are doing.

Kosai gave you his own suggestion. Your gaze was directed to a shovel in the corner that seemed to be calling out to you. "There's an extra shovel."

You quickly opened the door– you could use the exercise right now. "Nami– Just tell me when the pie is done!"

"Close the door!"

You slammed it shut behind you. The noise wasn't noticed by Usopp and Luffy, and Sanji seemed too caught up in a whirlwind of love to care. But he did care when he heard more snow being shoveled up next to him.