Current Regret of the Day: Why Did I Ever Tell Them That?

"(Name)? Are you okay?"

Your voice breaks

"I'm fine."

You didn't sound fine. And you're also a little offended how quickly Zoro catches on. Actually, you're very offended. What, was he eavesdropping or something? Suddenly becoming emotionally intelligent? This was your personal and private hug with Nami and he was kinda ruining it with the way he turned to you.

"Uh, what happened?"

"Nothing happened, I'm fine."

"You don't look fine."

What Zoro expected was a 'you don't look fine either, idiot', from you, but paused when you said nothing.

Alright. What the fuck.

"What happened?" Nami pulled away, and you wanted to whine like a little bitch. Of course, you couldn't. That would look strange if there were general crying noises (heart wrenching sobs) coming from behind your demon mask. You were strong, though. You wouldn't ever let your friend see weakness like this.

You shakily inhale. Fuck, nevermind. There goes the bad bitch persona. Zoro leans forward, voice dropping lower. "Are you crying?"

"No."

"Maybe."

He blinks. You break.

"Yes."

"Why?"

You weakly swatted him away, just wanting Nami to hold you again. Was that too much to ask for these days? A hug from your hot navigator? Who wouldn't want that?

"I don't have to tell you anything." You said, sniffing so that snot wouldn't start running down your face. If that happened? Gone. Out the window. You would never return knowing that your friends had watched you break like a toothpick under all of this unwanted pressure. Was it too late to go home? You'd like a one way ticket to Crow Island to see your family again, please and thank you.

The fact that Nami had stopped giving you the affection that was keeping you mentally stable. For the time being, seeing as a sixth grader's paper mache project was stronger than your mental health.

"But what happened? Is that why you left earlier?"

You don't respond for a second, but after seeing the worried look on Nami's face (and watching Luffy get ready to start fist fighting a stranger since he was an idiot), you nodded.

"Why? What happened?"

"...Don't wanna say."

Nami's hands find their way to your shoulders. "This is serious... (Name), you're crying–"

You shush her quickly, making a few motions with your own hands to get her to quiet down.

"You can't just–"

"Shh."

"Hey–"

"Shh!" You glance around. At first, Nami thinks that you're checking to see if anybody heard what she had just said.

You weren't. I'll be damned. It's time to get beat up.

"You won't get beat up."

Let me. I want this. I might feel better after half of the people in the bar throw their belongings at me. Your eyes darted around from behind your mask as you turned away. You instinctively pulled your hood back over your head and it draped over the horns of your mask. A loud sniff came from you as you tried to suck the tears back into your eyes and deny your moment of weakness. "Ohh... incoming."