THE BEES ARE EVERYWHERE

You remembered the run to the ship simply. Zoro and Luffy left to go grab Sanji and Usopp, who had been sleeping through the whole ordeal. They got dragged back to the Going Merry.

That left Vivi and Nami (along with you) the ones who would be running to the ship as fast as they could so they could escape Whiskey Peak. There were some slight changes. Vivi and Nami weren't running, but you were.

Because you were carrying them

"Hurry, (Name)!"

"Why do I have to hurry?! It's not like you two are running ahead of me!" Why do I have to do everything??

"Because Nami likes to torment you!"

A comical tear formed in the corner of one of your eyes. What am I, a vehicle for transportation?!

"For Nami and Vivi?" Kosai sighed. "Yup."

Nami pressed further, "You need to go faster!"

"IF I WENT ANY FASTER, YOU'D GET SICK!"

Vivi, who was thrown over your other shoulder, looked around to the best of her abilities. She must have been looking for Karoo, her spot billed duck. Well, you didn't know where he was, but you knew that he at least survived, so... yeah. He was probably already on the ship.

Thanks to your speed, you were at the docks again in world record time. Only Zoro was there– ah, that meant only Luffy went out to go find the others.

Zoro was grunting as he hoisted up the anchor with his raw strength. You were blatantly staring at him as you set Vivi and Nami down. What? You could do that too, but when anyone else displayed feats of strength– you were interested.

You were also easily entertained. Sanji could flip a pancake by just using the pan and you'd be clapping. (You've already done that, too, but still)

"HEY!! I BROUGHT THE GUYS!"

Luffy, your darling captain, was dragging Usopp by his nose and Sanji by the ankles. You mourned the loss of your crewmates when you got onto the ship as Vivi and Nami stayed behind. Aboard with Zoro, you also found Karoo, who was sitting down.

He's a really big duck, isn't he?

"Are you used to smaller ducks?"

Yeah?? They're supposed to be regular sized.

Kosai hummed. "They're special ducks for the royal guard."

Only in One Piece. Where a kingdom of sand had special ducks for the royal guard. Well, you had Yatagarasu. (Actually– you realized that you and Vivi had a few things in common. You were both princesses and had large birds as pets) You hadn't seen him since you left reverse mountain, where you delivered a few letters to your little sister to tell her how everything was going. You expected to see him a few hours after you set sail. He was a fast crow.

"Huh? Are you guys still sleeping?"

"Luffy, they're just unconscious!" You called out, waving him over. "Get on the ship!"

Nami suddenly shouted. "We don't have the time to look for him!"

Vivi was frantic. "I can't just leave Karoo here!"

"What's wrong?"

"She says that her duck is missing and won't come– even after she whistles for him!"