My Work Here Is Done (You Didn't Do Anything, Though?)

You were feeling a lot better. Well rested, refreshed, and ready to... somewhat party. Have a bit of fun. During your time with a certain captain, you had learned to celebrate often, but you guessed you were more of... a chill person than you originally thought.

You were still insane, that was true, but you liked to sit back and watch everyone go at each other's throats–

Uh, you mean, celebrate in a manner that is accepted by society

Yeah, that.

...

On the third day of the celebration, and after Zoro had been dismissed from bedrest, you found yourself in the presence of both him and Sanji. You were just waiting around for the party to finally end– you didn't know that it was possible for normal people to party for three days straight.

You get it, though. They had been under Arlong's tyranny for several years. They had been waiting for so long for this freedom. Who were you to judge them?

"I'm concerned about their wellbeing," Kosai murmured, as he looked through your eyes to observe the party goers.

Nothing was... out of the ordinary. It was quite literally just a party that was in full swing. They were all just having fun.

"...Well... At least they're happy," you muttered, watching as a few others joyously celebrated together with tears streaming down their cheeks. "We're probably going to leave today. After Luffy stuffs himself..."

Zoro snorted from beside you and almost choked on the beer he was drinking. If you thought that you'd be leaving after Luffy was full, then you would be sorely mistaken.

(Though if that statement was coming from you, the one who had a scary grasp on reality– and eyes that always told him that you knew more than you let on... you were probably right)

"We'll be leaving soon regardless. I feel like proving a point to this asshole," Kosai said.

Your lips pursed as you sipped some of your water. How's the healing going?

"It's coming along alright. He's listened to your warnings– he really wants to fight you."

Ah, right... Yeah, the fight...

Good thing he's injured. I really don't feel like fighting right now. Well, not with my fists. I'm still down to verbally abuse Zoro.

"As am I. I don't get why you want to hang around him. I prefer–"

The cook?

"--The liar. Or the idiot. Nami would be my first choice– if she wasn't dealing with personal things right now."

She's back at her childhood home, right? That's what I remember from the anime, since they didn't show it in the manga.

"She is. It would be wise to leave her to her own devices."

...Who am I kidding, that's obviously for the best. I know that if I was in the same situation, I'd want some time for myself.

You leaned back further into the wall with a short sigh. It wasn't the only sigh in the group- as you heard Sanji sigh dreamily. Instantaneously, you started sweating and avoiding all forms of eye contact. You weren't in the mood to flirt, either.

He was blatantly staring at you as he propped his chin up on his palm. You wished that Zeff could show up and yell at him now.

"I always wonder what's going through your mind, (Name)-swan..."