Sai And Smoker Fight For Custody Over You

It was no secret that Smoker expected great things to come from (Name)

But he never could've expected that she'd catch a notorious group of bounty hunters that were capturing people as slaves. And to catch such a large group after only two and a half weeks had passed. It was then that he realized this;

(Name) needed to become a Marine- she would be the greatest in her generation

Her personality allowed her to easily adapt to anybody she came into contact with. She was a strong fighter- she could use Haki, and her battle strategy was impressive. It was like she was a step ahead no matter what. Her sense of justice was great, too. She knew good from bad. She knew where the line was drawn, and when it needed to be crossed.

The only thing that concerned Smoker, even though he'd never say it aloud, was that (Name) was going after Crooner. He was a dangerous pirate. But she was trying to capture him. Crooner was a... tough case.

He had no mercy for pirates- that was true. But ever since (Name) had shown up... things had become a lot more complicated. Yes, he wanted to capture her father. Was he feeling conflicted about it? No.

The only other thought he had about (Name)'s reaction would be that she'd either hate Crooner when she met him or was sad if he was captured.

If he was captured

That man was aggravating to deal with. Smoker hadn't seen him in a while- which made his dislike for him grow stronger. And even if that almost-Yonko was spotted in Loguetown, he always surrounded himself by people. Civilians. With. Out. Fail. It was a trap to make sure Smoker couldn't capture him. He'd be putting the public in danger.

But with (Name)? It was possible that she could do it. She was Crooner's kid. Though she could be a great Marine, there'd be a target on her back as long as Crooner and his bloodline was still alive. That man had done many things.

He's pissed off Shichibukai --fuck, he might've dated a few-- committed various crimes, messed with some of the Admirals and Vice Admirals, and even pissed off The Marine legend Monkey D. Garp.

But there was something scary to think about when it came to his kid

(Name) was starting to act like Crooner a little too much

Was it a good thing? A warning sign?

Smoker doubted it. In fact, he just ignored it and figured that it was by chance that (Name) turned out that way. She would do great things in the future. From a single look alone, Smoker could tell.

He'd raise her up to be one of the greatest Marines that there ever was. All of this would be waiting for her when she finally came back to Loguetown. He'd just have to wait to arrive at Crow Island-- then he'd be able to talk to her.

Only time would tell how great Crooner (Name) would become

~ . . . ~

You don't think you've seen Sai this happy before

Like, at all

Not only were you welcomed back home to literal cheering, but Sai had you in the hug of death as he crushed your bones. The hug made your joins pop, but you liked it. There was an emotion in his eyes that you couldn't quite understand or pin down. There was a hidden meaning, you felt but you didn't know.

You were tired. You wanted to sleep, maybe go eat or something, but the last thing you wanted was a fight.

Which is why you found yourself at a secluded restaurant, seated across from Zoro, who was clearing his fourth plate of food.