The Sixth Father Figure (But Really-- Who's Keeping Track?)

"Well... What the hell do we make out of this?"

You all stared out at the blue skies ahead, with the green sea below. You were right! Being swallowed up by a whale was pretty fun. Nami had held onto you for dear life while screeching her lungs out.

You saw that as an absolute win

"Uhm...." Usopp fidgeted a bit as his eyes darted around. He was keeping his anxiety at bay but probably dying internally.

Nami had calmed down. Everyone was just stuck in a state of confusion now. Makes enough sense on your end. They had never been eaten by a whale before.

"This is strange..." The orange haired girl muttered.

"Yeah, what's the explanation? I'm pretty damn sure we were swallowed by a whale," said Sanji, eyes narrowed as he, too, surveyed the green sea below the Going Merry.

Nami, from beside you, had a lightbulb go off before she whipped her head towards you. A bead of sweat rolled down the side of your head as instinct kicked in. You had a feeling that you'd be getting hit in the next few seconds if you didn't choose your next words carefully. Even Usopp got the hint as he stared at you owlishly.

"Did you know this would happen?!"

You blinked. "Me? Yeah, why? Wasn't that roller coaster ride pretty fun?"

WHACK!

"TELL US NEXT TIME!!"

You sobbed, "I'M NOT ALLOWED TO!! LUFFY SAID NO!!"

"Are we just dreaming or something?" Zoro ignored your wails of pain as you trudged away from Nami and Usopp, utterly betrayed.

"It'd be one hell of a weird dream." The blonde chef said from beside them.

"Yeah, Zoro, we're all in the same dream. You're so intelligent." You said, rubbing your sore head.

"Fuck you."

"Okay, definitely not a dream then." Sanji muttered. He tried not to chew on his cigarette and instead took another drag to calm his nerves. This was some wacky shit.

"Then... What's with that island?"

They all turned to you

It actually took you a few seconds to notice

"Hm? Why are you looking at me?" You pointed at yourself with a brow raised. Usopp gave you a look that told you were stupid. Rude.

"Don't you know?"

"What?"

He pointed at the island. "That thing!"

"Oh! Yeah, I do, hehe!" Why do I have to explain everything now? I'm just gonna stop!

"Is it an illusion?" Asked Zoro. You shook your head. That was a... decent guess, at best, since you already established that you weren't in a dream, and this was entirely real. You had a feeling that nobody would believe you until they saw it for themselves.

"Nah. A ship. This is stomach acid– so you can't just have softer materials like wood in here. Speaking of which, we should get out of here before the ship dissolves."

The crew gawked

"ACID?!! ACID?!!!"

"We just got swallowed. We're in the whale's stomach right now." It doesn't smell that good. How does Crocus deal with this?