PAYING CHILD SUPPORT IN GOLD

"Hm, let's see.... We have 300,000,000 beri from the last bank we robbed, recovered treasure worth about 450,000,000 we took from that Marine Base... Added together with the 7,480,000,000 we set aside for Crow Island..."

scribble scribble skritch

"A pretty low haul from buried treasure gave us around 20,000 beri... Aito's betting got us 300,000 when we were at the casino..."

scritch skritch scribble scribble

"Minus expenses for the crew, that'll be a few ten thousands or so... Upkeep on the ship will subtract more..."

...

"Man, financing is hard..."

A captain sat at his desk, hunched over a few papers as he wrote away. His brows furrowed as he stared at his pen. His hair was puffy and white. It flowed above his head in soft puffs and dispersed into a thin cloud at the tips of his hair.

His brows were furrowed, expression neutral. He had put off all of his finances until the end of the month, which he really shouldn't have done. Yet he still procrastinated, because he was an idiot most of the time.

A deep red captain's long coat rested on his shoulders. On his flowing hair, a tricorn hat rested, a jolly roger flag right in the center of the hat. Behind the crossbones was a mustache, and underneath the skull, there was a red cloud. It was his pirate flag.

The payment's going to be late this month... The pirate's brows furrowed as he leaned back in his chair. I should've just headed out myself. Well, at least I don't have to wait on my island for the time being. He shifted around a bit, liking the throne like furniture he was in. And this is such a nice chair!

He perked up slightly when he heard a commotion from outside.

"GOD FUCKING DAMNIT-- CROOONEERRR!!"

"Oh, hey Buggy. He's in your office."

"I ALREADY KNOW THAT-- MOVE!!"

STOMP

STOMP

STOMP

STOMP

STOMP

STOMPSTOMPSTOMP

Crooner watched as the doorknob to the room rattled. The door was clearly being pulled- as it shook on it's hinges. He listened to the sweet, angered screams of his friend with a content smile on his face. He felt his shoulders relax -he wasn't nervous in the first place, he knew what he was doing- and he waited for the door to open.

BANG

BANG

BANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANG BANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANG

BANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANG

B A N G B A N G B A N G

"OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR!!"

"It's literally unlocked, sweetheart."

WHAM

The captain sniffed and rubbed under his nose as he nonchalantly turned to the open door. With a smirk steadily growing on his face, and an angered snarl permanently on Buggy's, he leaned back and let out a content sigh.