Don Krieg Would Like To Speak To The Manager

Two days later, Don Krieg's pirate ship arrived.

You had been invited onto the Going-Merry by the Straw Hats while they waited for Luffy to finish his community service work. Meaning that you got a front row view of Don Krieg's pirate ship in its... decrepit glory.

At the sight of the ship, Usopp had already lost his mind and was dancing around like there were hot coals under his feet.

"THIS IS BAD– LIKE REAL BAD– SHOULDN'T WE BE RUNNING AWAY?!!"

"BRO!! WE DON'T WANNA DIE!!"

Nami had resolved to hide near the railings of the Going Merry. You and Zoro both stared at the state of the remaining ship from Krieg's fleet. You saw –who you assumed to be Gin– dragging his Captain off the ship and into the restaurant.

You hummed to yourself, brows creased. "That's not gonna go well. That's Don Krieg– He's gonna try to kill everyone in that restaurant." Pointing at the Baratie– you turned to Zoro. "Don't you think?"

He shrugged.

Like you predicted (and foresaw), a hoard of patrons and customers came rushing out minutes later, onto the ships and boats that would take them out of there. About a minute after that, you heard a loud gunshot-like cannon go off.

"There's Don Krieg. He's showing off his golden armor and diamond gauntlet."

Your eyes sparkled. Diamonds? Gold? I'm going to steal that off his dead body if I have to.

"If you were ever wanted by the authorities in the real world, it'd probably be for grave robbing."

The next thing you heard from all the way outside was screaming and more gunshots. You didn't like the sound of it- but you knew that they had it handled. Rip to the chefs who were currently bleeding out on the ground– they didn't deserve it.

Scratching your ear, you turned away from the restaurant and huffed.

"I already know what's going on... And it ain't pretty."

"What's happening in there?"

"Well, if you didn't know, Krieg and his men –his entire fleet– set sail into the Grand Line. Even when I was with Buggy, he never mentioned it as if he was going to be heading back there anytime soon. He strictly avoided it. I'll just tell you this– Grand Line is supposedly hell on Earth."

Usopp was shaking in his boots as you went on, telling a bunch of horror stories and such. You clapped your hands together.

"--So! Krieg's here because he sucks at everything he does, and I'm guessing he's trying to get Zeff's logbook. He used to be Red-Leg Zeff– an infamous pirate. He's been to the Grand Line, and probably knows the most about it out of all of us." Except for me, of course.

At the sound of even more chaos, even Zoro's interest was piqued. You sighed and shook your head with a roll of your eyes.

You had to drag Usopp off the Going Merry

I should've joined the Buggy Pirates when I had the chance.

~ . . . ~

Don Krieg cackled as he held his hands out. "Once I obtain Zeff's travel log, I'll reassemble my pirate fleet, and find the One Piece– all to become the greatest pirate of this era!!"

"Hold it right there!" Luffy pointed at Krieg with a hand on his hip, "You're dead wrong! The one who'll become Pirate King is me!"

"Huh??"