You're Not Allowed To Help Because Cannon Hates You

"Even if she tells me to leave... I don't have anything to do outside of here... And I promised Luffy that I'd bring her back... Shit, I really got tied up in a complicated mess, didn't I?"

You had your head in your hands as you sat next to Zoro. You didn't pay too much attention to the bodies of the Fishmen piled up around you– and the green haired boy aside you didn't seem to care that he was the cause of them.

"Nami's... Really too smart for her own good. Was I that obvious?" You muttered, a cloud of depression forming over you.

"Apparently. What's that wanted poster about–?"

Slapping the back of his head with one of your hands, you grunted. He batted them away and the fight between you ended before it even began. Kosai had retracted the extra arms he had given you– and he had informed you that he was almost at the island. All you had to do was wait for him.

Though... It's not like it was a bad thing that she found out. If anything, it was my fault that I wanted to wreak havoc early on. The only thing I'm worried about is her turning me in for the bounty reward.

"Well, maybe it was the fact that even though you hid your arms, you still used ANNAN as your main sword, and she saw the wooden mask THROUGH the fabric of the bag. You're very stupid."

All you ever do is patronize me.

"And? Once you're smarter, I'll stop."

You sunk back into the oversized lounge chair, still next to Zoro. "Uh, you're cool with the whole 'fight thing' happening after all this is cleared up, right?"

His response was a grunt

"What're you, a caveman? I need a yes or a no."

"I said yes!"

Sure. You crossed your many arms and sighed. "I have a feeling that we're going to need all the energy that we can get..."

All you had to do was stick to the plans that you, Kosai, and even Annan, had formulated the past few years. You weren't planning to fight Arlong at all– maybe just kick him a few times when the Marines got ahold of him. You were letting Luffy handle that shit– he was the main character for a reason.

You'd still help. Out of everyone in the crew so far, you were undoubtedly the fastest swimmer. You figured that if there were going to be multiple Devil Fruit users on the ship, you might as well learn to swim well.

So, when the actual fight began, you'd be on lifeguard duty. You were going to use those valuable stabbing lessons for their intended purpose.

Zoro's gaze was pointed at the sky. "Incoming."

You raised your head and saw a black streak against the sky. Ah, your faithful crow, Yatagarasu, had come to you.

"Yikes. Hope nobody notices him," you muttered, holding your hand out to wave at the bird.

The crow's talons from its three legs almost sunk into your arm as it perched on you. Rasu flapped his wings and his feathers puffed up in the hot sun. You hummed and rubbed under its beak as it sunbathed.

"Luffy tried to eat you, didn't he?"

It cawed softly and pecked at your finger.

"Poor Rasu. I see you didn't bring Kosai back. I wonder how close they are..."