M A J E S T I C

M A J E S T I C

V i n n i e

I took another very deep sigh, deeper that the Mariana trench if I might say. I jolt up once again, sitting up and looks at Cho.

"He did, yes," I answered plainly.

I've always tried to think of a reason why he did that back then, even now. I was expecting to him out of all people to make fun of me the most. I mean, if he saw my siblings lowly then I don't see the reason why he wouldn't think the same of me.

I shook my head vigorously to shake off the thought.

"He seems like a genuine person, you know, Malfoy" Luna said, her voice soft. She paused and place down gently the collection of crystals she had collected since her first day here at Hogwarts

I scoffed softly and looked at Luna "him?" I started, my eyebrows raised the corner of my mouth curved "genuine? Come on, it's Draco Malfoy we're talking about."

Cho let out a soft giggled, Luna did the same. I sighed again and flopped my head on the bed. "I'd rather have use the veritaserum on me than spend time with that blonde dimbo" I said, they laughed, I laughed along.

~

As expected, Malfoy never left me. Even after classes he would assist me back to the Ravenclaw common so I would not do something against the school rules. I couldn't attend DA meetings because of him tailing and following my every single move.

I've tried and tried to have him off my back for days but always failed.

I'd try to pay first years to act as a distraction but he always seems to notice. I'd try running away as fast and as quietly as I can but for some reason he'd always appeared. Like a ghost. Fits his pale skin.

I tried everything until one day I just gave up, he'd always come up with a way to find me anyway. I just told Ginny to tell the others I won't be attending the DA meetings for a while, not until I find a way to get this ferret off my back.

I sat on my usual place on the south courtyard, holding a book in my hands. It was Saturday morning so we had no classes. It's so early that the sun had barely risen. It's about 5 or 6 am.

It was snowing.

I read then sip my coffee, repeat.

I was wearing a thick navy blue winter jacket that dad gave me on my 15th birthday and a hat and my Ravenclaw scarf paired with it.

I felt someone sit beside me, I know who it was, of course. Even this early in the morning he won't let it pass. What is wrong with this boy.

"Morning," he said, breaking the silence.

I closed my book and turned his way, then placed the fakest my ever recorded in the wizarding world. "Morning, Malfoy"

He grinned, I turned away and tried to gather my attention and place it on my book.

I can still see him in my peripheral view. He was wearing a black winter coat and earmuffs. His cheeks and nose are red from the cold. His slender hands rested on his lap and his blonde hair flowing ever so lazily.

Exactly what I needed right now. Him being more attractive than ever, great.

"Was the veritaserum finished?" I ask, he looked at me. I couldn't see it but I could feel it.

"Ohh" he hummed. Another grin appearing on his face. "There's no potions to brew. Professor Snape didn't ran out of it that day"

I grew confused. Then why would he lie? I turned my head to him, my eyebrows furrowed "what?"

He looked back at me, his grey eyes staring back and hitting my right in the stomach. I felt something in my stomach. I don't know what that was.

"You heard me" he said, looking back away from me.

Yes, I heard him. His voice cooed in my mind like the light pollution blurring out the stars. But what does he mean by that?

I didn't ask for him to elaborate any further, I wanted to end this conversation as soon as possible so I didn't let my curiosity take over me.

Few minutes later, I thought he'd get bored and decide to leave me alone but he didn't. He'd sit with me in silence, the atmosphere wasn't heavy which had surprised me. This long sitting alone with Malfoy would've pissed me off so much I'd punch the tree behind us down. So I let him. I don't mind being around him. Well, for now.

It was about 7 am and students started getting our of bed to have a morning stroll in the school. I finished my book. I didn't understand it. I was reading by eye, not by my mind. Everytime I finish a line, I'd ask myself if I should break the silence and talk to him. Heck, do I even have the courage to do that. I shook of the thought and just pretended I was preoccupied with the book so he wouldn't disturb me.

Shoes clanks and voices echoed. Hogwarts were starting to get busy already. I placed my book on my lap. Closed my eyes and let the cold breeze flow through my hair.

"Why are you still here?" I said, finally breaking the silence.

"I could ask you the same question" he'd reply.

I stood up, took my mug and book "I will be on my way"

I turned my heel in attempt to drift away from the scene, clutched my book to my chest with one hand and letting gravity have the other.

Just as I was about to walk away I felt a hand grab my wrist. It's soft, the fingers are long that maybe somehow made my hands look smaller than it already is. I turned to him and ask why with my eye.

"Is it really not that obvious?" He ask, his was face rested. It looked majestic. His eyebrows are not thick but also not thin, it's just right. His cheek and nose grew red because of the weather and his skin more paler. His nose, his long eyelashes. His lips-

"Vinnie"

I woke up from my day dreaming once again. He still holds me firmly. I can feel my heart rate increase and myself sweat, it's not hot, it's completely cold.

he called me by my name. My first name.

I felt my cheek growing cold. I snatched my hand from him and hid my cheek with my scarf.

He sighs, shook his head a bit and stood up. He's in front of me. If I were to look straight ahead I'd only see his chest. We're that close. I took a few steps back and lift my head to see his face.

"Nevermind" he said, monotonously and walked away.

I watch him drift away from the scene.

What was that?