L E M O N B A R S

V i n n i e

Draco hasn't been ignoring me as I expect he would, but he also hasn't been paying attention at me at the same time.

He'd greet me back and would hold my hand back but he wouldn't ask me how my days was like he usually would. I asked him about why he left me as if nothing happened and he answered with a shrug. I don't understand him sometimes.

Times really does fly fast, before everyone knew it, the year has ended and we're already starting a new one. It's my 6th year at Hogwarts. Two more to go and I'll become and auror. Might have been much more exciting if nova was on my side. I miss her.

Nymphadora confirmed the rumor of Nova Black being a death eater along with the death of her father, Sirius Black, in the recent meeting of the order. Dora said nova's location was still unknown even when weeks have passed, mum said they were investigating, I doubt it. I know they already know where nova is, they just won't tell me, nor Ron because she knows we're stubborn enough to go wherever Nova may be.

It still hasn't come to me why she'd do that. Nova's not like that be grew up together, we're basically sisters. But, for whatever reason that was, I feel useless that I was not by her side when times of needs. Maybe a hug would've helped her prevent being one of those people.

~

It's quarter pass 6, I don't have quidditch practice so why not stroll around the hallways. I put on my robe and fixed my necktie and started my journey with no goal.

I heard my sister was dating my best friend of all people. Dean Thomas and Ginny Weasley, can you believe that? I, most definitely could not. It's atrocious behavior for Dean, Ginny is literally my best friend slash sister and he didn't even bother to tell me he fancies him. I thought he had something going on with Seamus.

I went in the castle's kitchen for a bit to take some of the lemon bars I made and stored in the fridge. This place was almost nonexistent to students, but it's a very magical place for me. I like baking. I took three pieces of the lemon bars, opened one to snack on and kept two in my pocket. Who knows, I might bump into Draco, he hasn't been eating well.

A tall blonde figure stand on the edge of the hallway. Speak of the devil.

"Dray!" I shouted to get his attention. I hopped my way to him and jumped when I was just about close enough, he caught me.

"Darling, I—" his voice was shaky and he seems to be sweating. As if he was hiding something.

"What? You what? Haven't been eating?" I reprimanded before he could even finish what he was to say. I run my hand on his cheek. "You're getting way too skinny, drayie." I said, followed by a sigh. My hand reached into my pocket and grabbed the two pieces of lemon bars I've saved.

I ripped it the packaging of one of the bars and pointed it on his mouth "open up"

He looked at me, confused.

"Vin, I'm not hungry—"

"Open up"

He gave in, finally. He slowly opened his mouth and I fed him the lemon bar.

"See, not that hard"

He chew on the bar slowly while the side of his lips grew to a smirk. His cheek had sunken to his skull, his clothes looks way too big on him and his hair was fragile that if I pull into it a little big stronger, strands of it would stuck on my hand. Not that I'd do that, of course, never.

I relaxed my foot back on the ground and reached his hand with mine. He did the honour and intertwined his fingers with mine. Our hands still fit perfectly with each other. It's fascinating.

We walked through the corridors of the castle, it was quiet. Nothing but the sounds of our shoes clanking against the marble floor mixed with the sound of the breeze going through both our hairs. I looked up at him for a glimpse. He looks....troubled? His eyes blinks anxiously, his breathing was unstable, and I could hear his heartbeat from miles away.

"Are you okay?" I ask, he stopped walking, so did I. I went Infront of him and cupped his face with one hand. "Nevermind, don't answer that. You're definitely not okay"

He looked at me, his eyes almost looked like it's welled with tears. He needs someone with him. But his actions says otherwise. His hand profoundly hit mine away.

"Get lost"

"What? Dray, I—"

"Get lost!"

His eyes pierces through mine. His voice was vile and his hands hold on my wrist roughly that I felt it about to bruise. He aggressively let go of my hand and started walking away. I looked at him walking away. I couldn't do anything. As pathetic as it may sound, I don't hate him from doing me like that, I know he's going through something rough and-

"We're through" his voice interrupted me

"What?" My heart raced. I felt like fainting but at the same time I felt the need to run after him and punch him across his painfully flawless face.

He replied not longer, he kept walking. Throwing the pack of lemon bar I gave him in the bin he went pass through.