T R A N Q U I L I T Y

V i n n i e

The holidays went on very quickly, it passed with laughter and tranquility and before I know it, we're already on our way back to Hogwarts.

My brother, Charlie, had introduced us with some of the many dragons he had handle in Romania, Ron almost peed himself because of fear. Ginny and I would just laugh at him.

One night, when we were still in Romania, me and Ginny waited for Ron to sleep and sneaked to his bed and eat some candy that transforms our voice to a dragons roar. We even made cardboard cut out to make it more believable.

His scream woke mum and dad up, Dad laughed but mum didn't find it funny. She had me and Ginny help Charlie clean up dragon poop. It wasn't fun at all.

Charlie would sometimes tell us to pretend to be asleep just until mum and dad sleep so he could sneak us out and show us something our parents wouldn't allow us.

Me, Ginny, and Fred and George didn't have a hard time pretending to be asleep but Ronald did. Not that he's having a hard time to pretend to sleep to stay awake, no, but because he really did fell asleep. He wouldn't wake up so Fred took a spider, placed it on his face while I have my hand on Ron's mouth and George and Ginny hold him down. Charlie watched us nervously and intend to stop us. He didn't succeed on that of course. No one can stop the mischief when me, Ginny and the twins are together.

Ron flap his limbs like a butterfly and I hold his mouth down harder while trying to stop my laughter. Once Ron had calmed down he sworn he'll tell mum and dad but he didn't. He's not all that killjoy, just a scaredy cat.

We were still on our pajamas when Charlie led us to one of the big cages of the place he works in. There was a lot of dragons there, some small one, huge ones, and even some eggs being heated up.

Charlie leaned between me and Ginny and whispered "wanna ride some dragons?" My eyes widened and Ginny's did the same, Charlie looked at the both of us and smiled.

He helped the both of us on the dragon. Fred and George were already on top of their own. Charlie had offered Ron to try but Ron said he'd rather ride a jinxed broom.

Charlie crossed his arms beside Ron and watched as the four of us laughed and had our fun together. Mum and dad woke from the noise and once again had us clean up dragon poop. This time with Fred and George. Ron watched as we clean up the staples in our clothes and boots and would tease us. Fred took a scoopful of poop and threw it at Ron. I remember almost dying of laughter.

It was a fun few days. But we had to go back at the burrows and prepare for school. And me, to prepare on facing him again.

We're on the train back to Hogwarts and as usual, Ginny went on with Neville and Luna, the twins would disturb some first years, Ron would go to Harry and Hermione, while I go to Dean and Seamus.

"How was Christmas?" I ask them both, placing my luggage and bag down. Dean picked up my luggage and placed it on the compartment above us then we sat.

"Absolutely incredible, how was yours?" Dean said, smiling.

"I bet you never stopped annoying Ronald" Seamus chuckled. I did the same then nodded.

We all sat, them sitting beside each other while I sit on the opposite of them. They thought I wouldn't notice but I know for a fact that in our trio, two are together. They haven't admitted it themselves, of course. Dean would always say he had a crush on my sister, Ginny. I didn't believe him.

We continued chatting about how our own holidays went. Seamus said he tried turning water into rum again just because and had once again exploded. His eyebrows are half gone.

I was telling a story of what happened to us during our time in Romania when at one point both of them looked behind me and then back at me, their eyebrows crossed. I looked at where they were looking and saw Draco standing with his hands in his pockets and in his all black suit. He couldn't be more attractive.

"Can we talk?" He said, not looking at me but his hands rest on my shoulder. I nodded and slowly stood up. I could sense dean about to come at him and stopped him and said that it's completely fine. Draco and I went our way through the compartment, and a few minutes of walking that seems like forever, we entered one of the trains restroom and he locked the door.

"What is it?" I ask, squishing myself on one side. This room clearly had no enough space for two people.

"Do you like me?" He ask, his hands still in his pockets and looking down at me but only with his eyes. His posture completely straight and his chin up.

"Uhmm, w-well" I stammered. I knew this situation is ought to come but I didn't expect it to be this soon. I was completely unprepared and didn't know how and what to respond.

He reached out for my chin and lift it so I was looking at him. He raised his eyebrows and ask 'so?' With his eyes.

I sighed and gathered my courage. I looked back at his bluish grey eyes.

What's life without risking, right? That's what Fred and George would always say, but I doubt they would suggest me applying that motto in this very situation. Questions ran on my head like track and field. Do I really want to? Am I really willing to? What if he breaks my heart like what people always says?

But I'd rather him break my heart when I took the risk than having my heart broken when nothing's really happened.

"I received your letter" he said, breaking the silence.

I didn't know what to answer to that so I just stayed silent.

"I'm not rushing you, Vinnie. I just want clarification," he added, his hands still gently lifting my chin. "The decision is yours to make. I'll learn to respect however it will be"

His eyes pierce through mine. I can feel my heart beating faster and faster, and my palms getting sweatier. I can see my reflection on the mirror on my peripheral view and my cheek are glistening the tint of rose, but I needn't a mirror to know that. I can feel it burning up.

Finally, I nodded. "Okay," I looked back at him, his gaze softened. "I'm willing to take the risk."