E L O I

V i n n i e

Rumors spread like wildfire. Barely a week even passed since draco and I broke up yet, almost everybody already knows it.

I'm disgusted. With everyone. I'm disgusted by how Draco finished our relationship so sudden and without an explanation, I'm disgusted by how people talk about other people's life likes it's some random TV show, but mostly, I'm disgusted by me.

I lay flat on the grass by the black lake. The location of our first date. God, I miss him.

I felt another lump form in my throat but I try my hardest not to let a single tear fall. Why would I be crying? It's his lost, definitely his lost.

Silence emits.

Tears flow.

The breeze of the spring air flew through my curls. I remove my bonnet and place it gently on the side. I closed my eyes and let the wind hit my face. It's already half pass eight. Curfew is one and half an hour away. I don't wanna go back to Hogwarts yet. Not yet.

I curled my knees, rest my cheek on my knee and wrapped my arms around my legs.

"Knock knock," a voice bothered. I looked at where the noise came from and saw Dean standing, holding two bottles of butterbeer, Seamus was behind him. "Can we sit? Eloi?" Dean ask with a small giggle, slightly raising the cups of the butterbeer. I nodded, fixed my posture and wiped my face.

"What brought you here?" I ask, forcing a smile.

"I needn't to answer that for you to know, Eloi" Seamus said while scooting closer to me. He reached out for my face and tucked my hair behind my ear. "You haven't been eating, are you well?"

"I-"

"No, dumb question. Don't answer that. Here" he barged before I even had a chance to reply. Seamus reached in to something in his pocket and handed it to me. "This might have make things worse but, we know you would want this back"

It's the necklace. The circular necklace of the night sky that Draco gave me at the library. The one I broke....The one...I broke..?

"H-how'd you fix this?" I stutter, my eyes widened as I reached into Seamus's hand and grabbed the necklace.

"He put in lots of work there, Eloi" Dean informed, giving me one of the butterbeer and drinking his own. "Exploded several times-" Seamus hit him slightly "what?!"
Seamus's eyebrows met, almost turning into a uni-brow, while Dram spilled some of his drink on his lap. I chuckled. They both looked at me and joined the laugh.

We hanged out. They ask me about how I was. I was honest, for the first time in a while. Unlike what I told my sister, I told them that I'm not fine, I told them that I lied when I told Ginny I lost my love for Draco and have already moved on, that I lied when I told Ron that I shouldn't have gave Draco the benefit of the doubt. I expect them to turn against me and lecture me like how everyone would, but they did the opposite. They said that giving Dray the benefit of the doubt may be the best things I've done in my life. They said that for the first time in our friendship have they saw me down bad for someone and that someone being down bad for me. I wiggled my eyebrow and ask what do they mean. Dean replied "he loves you, Eloi. He really does"

I slightly punched his side "don't call me Eloi, Nova would be mad"

"She's not here," Seamus said "figured you miss her, so we decided to call you a nickname that'll remind you of her" he turned and sipped his drink.

I nodded and breathed "yeah"

"Back to the topic, I'm sure Malfoy loves you" Dean implied.

"I don't want to talk about him," I replied then looked at them "makes my head ache"

They chuckled, so did I.

They respected that. We talked, but not about Draco, nor about Nova we just talked. Reminisced about our summer, Dean told me about how many times Seamus exploded and lost his eyebrows in process of fixing the necklace, and how many times they had to convince Hermione to help them brew a potion or cast a spell to regrew his eyebrows so I won't notice. I didn't noticed, yes, but I found out.

They'd do anything for me, I was too dumb to figure that out. I thought Draco was the only person to actually care about me. I thought being with him was my last resort in survival to the loneliness in result to the isolation I put myself into. I thought wrong. But I don't regret being with him. Never. I love him, with all my heart, he never failed to remind me that he too, does so. But he's gone now, he's not mine. The only thing I've got to do is cry and move on forward. Although that'll be a hard time, my friends would be guiding me along the way. Dean, Seamus, Luna, and Cho. They'll be with me. They always have been.