I N V I T A T I O N

V i n n i e

Christmas break is a week away. It's been a few weeks when Draco and I got back together and my siblings didn't take it as bad as I thought they would. Ron raised his voice and was glowing red in anger but Fred and George managed to put him out of it. Ginny talked to me one-on-one, she said that this will be the last time she would ever let me make decisions on my own for the reason that everytime I make my own decisions, I end up crying on her shoulder.

Mum and dad never knew about the break up, I begged Ginny and the other not to tell on them. I didn't knew why.

Class are done for the day. Professor Slughorn asked for us to brew Draught of the living death in exchange for a vial of Felix felices. Although Draco didn't succeed in making it—Harry did— he still looked cool creating it. He pulled me beside him when we started brewing. Ron was looking at us like we're some criminal posted as a wanted escapee from Azkaban, harry couldn't care less, and Hermione is still ignoring me.

While the other explode, Draco remained unbelievably, flawlessly beautiful. He helped me but I still managed to have the mixture explode. I used to be good at potions, I used to not loose concentration when brewing but having someone like him beside you while you do so makes you unable to think of anything else.

I received a letter last night, Errol delivered it so I knew before opening it that It was from home.

Dear Vinnie Elizabeth.

Your brother charlie would be, although uncertain, going home for the holidays. I wouldn't have agreed but your brother insisted on doing so. So, we invite your boyfriend—Draco—over for Christmas dinner.

—Mum.

P.S. I still haven't approved him.

I was skeptical if I would really have Draco over at our home for Christmas. Not that I don't want him there, I do, for all I care for. But my family still have only known the bad side of him.

Whether to or not to tell Draco about the invitation was the only thing running on my mind at class, now I've got so much lesson to pick up on. My mind still haven't decided but my feet says otherwise.

I took a reroute and headed for the Slytherin common room. Draco gave me the password to enter, I thought it wouldn't work since rumor has it; even when people know the password, the room still aren't letting them pass if they aren't Slytherin.

I entered the room and saw Pansy Parkinson and Blaise Zabini on the couch- making out

I yelped and accidentally bumped my head on the door. I let my knee fell and said "carry on, ignore me"

I heard Pansy chuckling and headed my way.

"How could I ignored my favorite Ravenclaw's presence?" She said.

I stood up and faced her, awkward smiling.

"Here for your drayie-boo?" Blaise queried, buttoning his shirt

I was about to open my mouth to answer but someone going downstairs interrupted "go get a room to fuck on, bastards" it was Draco.

"Chill, you can't just use that word around people" Pansy teased, jokingly covering my ears. I was hidden from Draco view and he was putting on a shirt so his face is covered. Making it impossible for him to know my presence, unless I talk, that is.

"What? Fuck? I could use it whenever I wan— Vin?" His eyes widen. I giggled, again, awkwardly, and waved.

"Hello"

He cleared his throat and wore his shirt faster. "Why are you here for?"

I reached for my pocket and took out the letter I received last night. "We've got an invitation"

"Invitation?" Blaise ask

"Stop being so nosy, Zabini" Pansy exclaimed

"Why would I? She bothered us, we were about to fuc—"

Draco grabbed my hand, pulled me away from both Blaise and Pansy. "Shut up, you two."

Draco dragged me—gently—upstairs to his dorm. It's not the first time I've been here. But it's been the first in a while.

"What are you two gonna do? Fuck?!" Blaise shouted, I heard Pansy laughing before the loud noise of Draco slamming the door close.

He ran his hands through his hair and went on to scratch his nape. "I'm sorry about them, love" he said, pulling my waist and guiding me to his desk and chair. "What were you saying?"

"Oh, uhm" I rummaged again in my robes pockets "here, mum sent it last night"

Draco took the letter from me and started reading it. I watched his reaction intently. Desperately trying to read whether he'd like to or not to accept the invitation so I would know how to initiate a conversation in regards to it.

"On Christmas Eve?" He ask. His face, indifferent. His voice has no hint of decision

"Yeah, it's okay if you can't go, you must spend time with your own family and—"

"I'd love to if you're fine with it"

"What?"

"I said," he took my hand "if only you're fine with it"

I felt my cheek heat up. I tried my best not to stutter "u-uhmm—" and failed miserably "well, Ron would be there- of course he would, he's my brother. A-and my parents would be asking you tons of questions about the speculation of you being one of he-who-shall-not-be-named. Charlie would also be there and he would most definitely be the one asking most question, ginny would torment your mental stability with her eye contact and—"

He cupped his hand on my face. "I won't go if you don't want me to"

Silence.

I didn't knew what to respond. Of course I would like him to accept the invitation but knowing that everyone, and I mean. Everyone being there bugs me.

"But I want you to" I said, finally breaking the silence.

"Then I'll go"

"Are you sure?"

"More than sure," he pulled my head closet to his whole cupping my face and placed a small peck on my lip. "Now that that's settled. I have something for you"

He let go of my cheek and headed to his closet. He signed me to go closer so I did.

"I got you a few of these, feel free to devour them all when you're here" he pointed at a small box he had opened that was full of pastries I like. Lemon bars, pumpkin pasties, chocolate frogs and a lot more.

I felt a lump form on my throat. I bit my inner lower lip to try and hide my emotions but a small quiet but noticeable sob took me away.

Draco had me face him by turning me around with his hands on my either of my shoulder. I saw his inner eyebrows raised and an upsidedown smile form on the corner of his lip. He pulled me in a hug and grabbed my underarms to lift my up. I jumped and wrapped my legs on his waist and he rest his chin on the crook of my neck.

"I love you" I whispered

"I love you too, my vin."