A P R I C I T Y

A P R I C I T Y

V i n n i e

Our lips moved in sync, him slightly taking dominance. He pulled me closer and I lift my chin up in submission. I can feel his breathing in my mouth. I felt my cheek burning more and more. He wouldn't let me go. He tightened his grasp on my waist and on the back of my neck and pulled me closer to him.

He slightly walked, dragging me with him but his lips never left mine, not even for a split second. He pushed me gently against the wall with his right arm rested on the stone wall, pinning me. His other arm made it's way to my neck then travelled up to my cheek.

If I was in the right mind, I would've broken the kiss already, but his lips on mine is too electrifying and addictive to just simply stop. I closed my eyes and just went with the flow.

Our kiss broke a few seconds later. His hand still on my cheek and his face still close that I could feel his breath against my lips.

I can feel him looking at me but I know that I'm too weak to look up at him knowing that I will meet his eyes.

A grinned curved on the corner of his lips. He pulled his hands from me and backed away for a few steps. I was looking on the ground and all I could see was his shoes.

I couldn't muster the courage to even try looking up at him after that. I bit my inner lower lip, trying to think of what to do after whatever just happened.

The few couple of seconds that passed felt like hours to me. I was still looking down trying to avoid the situation that I know I don't have a way out of. How I wish I could just take the time turner and turn back time and just stay in my dorm so any of this wouldn't happen at all.

Malfoy reached for my chin and lift me to I was looking up at him. I haven't noticed that he was that tall, I never been this close to him. The grin never left his face, that grin drove me insane. I can feel my knees getting weak so I clutched my purse and fled off the scene.

I went back to my dorm, took a quick shower and lay on my bed. I hadn't have the energy to do my skincare so I skipped it. One night won't hurt.

It's about 4 am already. Luna still isn't back and Cho was fast asleep. I couldn't sleep. I lay down on my side, the necklace Malfoy gave me on my pillow, beside my face. I turned my focus to the window, the sun still wasn't up.

I sat up gently and tried to shake the thoughts off my head again. I quietly stood up and head down the common room to make some hot cocoa, maybe it'll help. I Heated up some milk and took one of the cocoa bombs dad made me, assembled it and grabbed a few lemon bars me and ginny made earlier the month and went my way to the common rooms couch. I sat with my limbs lazily hanging out the soft seat while I take out my hair tie, letting my curls free. I stared at the ceiling for a bit. The moonlight reflected through the room's navy blue curtains giving the surrounding a serene atmosphere. I looked at the bookshelves near me and then at Rowena Ravenclaw's Statue.

"Help me, founder" I begged pitifully. "I can't be falling for a Slytherin" then let my head fall back again the closed my eyes.

I stood up, grasping my mug of cocoa securely, biting a bit of the lemon bar I placed by the coffee table and went my way to the window. I crossed my arms and tried to relax my breathing.

I turned my heels and head my way up the Ravenclaw tower bringing my mug and plate of lemon bars with me.

Just as I thought nothing worse than kissing Malfoy would happen, I tripped slightly by my own foot, spilled a few of my cocoa and dropped every single one of my lemon bars.

"Do you hate me that much, universe!" I groaned and cleaned up the mess I made.

I want to scream from the top of my lungs but almost everyone's asleep. That'll just wait till later.

I finished the rest of my drink on the Ravenclaw tower and headed back to my shared-dorm, took the same sage green winter jacket from my dad and put it on, pairing it with my ravenclaw scarf and a matcha green beanie with a pompom on top, I gently slid a small sketchbook in the pockets of the jacket. I thought maybe a quick stroll would help me from my blurry mind. I know there's a curfew but I couldn't think of any way to clear my mind. Curfew's only less than 2 hours away anyway. I'll just make sure I wouldn't get caught.

~

I walk down the corridors on the west part of the castle, it's still dark and the combination of the winter and early hours breeze made me shiver. I'd sometimes looked behind just to make sure that no one would see me.

I put my hands in my pocket and let out a sigh. What was I thinking? Suddenly kissing him like that especially when he had just confessed that he like me - he like me...?
Oh my god, Draco Malfoy likes me.

I buried my face in my scarf to hide from the cold air hitting my face.

The sunrise is close so I decided to go up the astronomy tower to have a good view of it.
Who knows, maybe the sun would shine through the heavy clouds with apricity this winter.

I made it to the bottom of the tower and looked up the spiral stairs before making my way up. It's stupendously beautiful here, probably my favorite place here in the castle. Other than the Library, of course.

I carefully opened the door, it squeaked. I paused for a bit then continued pushing it open only wide enough for my body to fit in the closed it back carefully. I sighed then dusted my jacket and turned my heels to head to the balcony of the tower.

There he was, Malfoy. Standing by the balcony, his back at me. His hands were rested on the balustrade. I can smell him from here.

I quietly turned back and grabbed the door knob, attempting to sneak out hoping that he didn't noticed my presence and miraculously didn't hear the squeak this stupid door made.

I can't deal with this right now.

"Don't"