A L I F E T I M E

D r a c o

If I were given a chance, I'd spend a lifetime with her. I have no intentions on living a long life but if it's with her then I wouldn't mind. Being reincarnated is a thing I've always seen as a myth, a thing I'd never believed. But in still of the uncertainty that lingers, as long as with her in the next life, then I'll believe. if forever is just a phrase for cringey couples that doesn't have anything good to do with their lives, then consider me a cringey man that couldn't breathe without the scent of my woman around.

If I were given a chance, I'd spend a night with her indulging curiosities, having say words that will make the word "insecurity" vanish from her vocabulary.

Being with her is being caught in the labyrinth of forbidden desires, wherein my heart danced to a melody only she could compose, a love clandestine, yet intoxicatingly sweet. In the haunting silence of the manor I've far been stuck on under the sky where the stars have disappear. 

"Draco?" Her voice clicked me to reality, we were outside the burrows. Her home. If my father was to know the real reason why I wanted to stay at Hogwarts for the holiday he'd go mad, so will my mother. I told them I wanted more time to practice on fixing the vanishing cabinet, took me days to convince to say yes.

I looked at Vinnie, she's grown short. How contradictory was that statement. I'm sure I've just grown taller, or was the ground unbalanced? Nevermind. I nod and hummed to her as answer. She grabbed my hand and hold it tighter than she already was.

"Are you sure you're alright with this?" She ask, almost in a tone of anxiousness. I rubbed my thumb on her hand and nodded.

"Yes, I'm certain,"

"Don't worry, I won't let them kill you" she started while we walked slowly towards her house's door. It doesn't have a gate.

We were close enough to see familiar faces, some from school, and some shown from he-who-shall-not-be-named as target. I gulp, trying to be unnoticed but failed. "Dad," Vin greeted, jumping up to hug her father while smiling, she did the same to her mother. Her brothers— Fred and George— we behind her parents, so was her sister, Ginny. When the embracing finished, they both looked at me, simultaneously.

"Hello, Mr and Mrs Weasely, I'm Draco—"

"We know you alright" Vin's mother exclaimed, almost aggressively dusting her apron off.

"Mum, be kind-" Vin whispered but I stopped her.

"It's fine,"

Vin looked at me, then her family who was already making their way inside then back to me. She nodded while forcing a smile.

We head inside, her brother George was kind enough to have me take a seat, Vin sat beside me. I wasn't in my proper wits when I agreed to meet her family, I must've forgotten I was a Malfoy and she was a Weaseley, I must've forgotten our relationship wasn't approved by everyone like we wanted it to. It must've slipped my mind.

I wonder, I've always wondered: if we weren't carrying the heavy burden of the last names given to us, would being together be more easier.