L E T T E R

V i n n i e

I look up at Ginny when I realized what the box was. The box that Dad said was the only thing with me when they found me in winter of 1980. A piece of parchment peeking from the box gathered both our attention.

"What's that?" Ginny ask, tilting her head slightly, I looked at her, then back to the box and grabbed the parchment out. The box flew open when my hand grew contact with the paper. Birth certificate?

"Are you sure this is mine?" I ask.

Ginny nodded surely "yes, I was there when Dad last showed you that, he said you're to open it when the time comes,"

"So, you took it?" I dropped my hands along with the parchment and look at Ginny. "Why?" I was ready to reprimand her but she did the thing every youngest child did.

Ginny scratched her nape "about time you know yourself, besides, Dad wouldn't know if you don't tell on me," she looked at me smiling, her smile dropped the next second and grabbed my hand, looking at my eyes fiercely, my body stiffened. "You wouldn't tell on me, right?"

"I won't" I said, side of my lips forming into a smile. It was rare for me to witness Ginny nervous, it was quite entertaining "just make sure the door's locked"

Ginny nodded and headed to the door to double check, she cast a locking spell for better measures. Later, when she sat back on the edge of my bed, I lift the parchment up so we could see what it was.

I started reading. But it was burnt.

"Vin," I looked at her "that's all that's readable"

"That can't be," ginny exclaimed, snatching the parchment from my hand "and for all I thought I'd help you find yourself" she signed in disappointment

"It's okay, Gin," I reassured, placing a hand on her thigh "my real family left me out to die, why would I spend a second trying to know who they were"

Ginny's look of disappointment didn't fade, it grew, opposing of what I thought. Her eyes travelled to look at mine and she smiled for a few seconds until it slowly faded into a frown. I noticed a wrinkle forming between her eyebrows as she leaned closer to the box between us.

"What?" I surveyed, following her gaze

"Give me your hand"

"What—"

"Just give me your hand"

I didn't oppose no longer and gave her my hand, she took my thumb and face my nail to us, she hold my palm as she guided it to a small indent on the side of the box, then it popped open, revealing a secret compartment.

I flinched, both from the sound and from how smart my little sister was for figuring that out.

"How did you—"

"Look," she didn't let me finish and reached for something from the small compartment, another piece of parchment folded into a small piece. She handed it to me as if giving me the honour to have expose what I truly am. I was sure my origins are just some random couple not planning to have a child, but having Dad keep something from me that involves my true identity changes it all.

I slowly unfolded the paper and started reading it.

I've come to a conclusion that if the other side saw they might dispose of what remains of my daughter's identity, or my daughter entirely I wish that in time she'll figure this out and find this letter.

Hello, my daughter. I know far long before you read this have I left the world. I didn't want to leave you alone to some family I doubt would care you as their own, and the Weaselys are very known for how they care. So, I made a portkey to teleport a box that holds you to the burrows far before I'd think he-who-shall-not-be-named might decide to reek hold of my life. I had no more time to tell you more but I was sure you'd think that me and your mother had abandoned you, we did not. We love you, as far as the starless night goes. Not even the end of the universe would measure how important you are to us. So I leave this letter in a place where only you'd have access to. We might haven't been with you for the few moments we lived but we'll be with you for the remains of your life and the life after it.

Sincerely, Father.

To: Vinette Alyssa Olsen. Grindelwald.

I read silently after the first half, Ginny looked as I read.

Surprisingly, the first shock that came to me wasn't that my real surname was Grindelwald, it was the middle initial that gathered me.

Olsen.

"Olsen?" I whispered, but loud enough for Ginny to hear.

"Olsen?" She ask, tilting her head, "as in Nova's middle name?"

I looked at her when she reminded of the name that was awfully familiar, I knew it was from someone I care for but I couldn't gather the thought from whom it was from, guilt washed over me from the thought that I had forgot.

That's it.

Olsen.

Nova Estelle Olsen Black.

UPLOADING ANOTHER ONE TODAY BECAUSE I DIDN'T GET TO UPLOAD LAST MONDAYYY. I won't say any much longer because I want not to accidentally spoil you guys of what was to happen dhxhsjd.

THANK YOU FOR STAYING THIS FAR INTO THE STORY!!