S E R E N I T Y

S E R E N I T Y

V i n n i e

Me and Draco stayed silent and watch the process of the sun giving light all over the place and casting rosy hue that hits the castle walls.

The sunrise grew and it's as if last night never happened. The new shine of it gave another day disregarding that happened just a few hours.

"I'm willing to take the risk" Draco said, breaking the silence. I looked at him and he was already looking at me.

I couldn't answer, some part of me is but some part isn't. I'm happy with the life I'm so far leading and I don't want anything to change. I haven't even realized that I like him. I've always find him an annoying rich spoiled brat but right now, that's not how he was acting.

"We'll talk when you're sober" I replied.

"I am"

"You still reek of alcohol, I doubt you even know what you were saying right now"

"I do know what I was saying. Every word of it"

I stayed silent. He was looking back at me with his grey eyes reflecting with the sun's hue. I sighed and looked back at the sunrise hoping to find the smallest hint of serenity.

"It's just a simple question, Vin," he spoke still looking at the sunrise. I can see him in my peripheral view. He ran his hand through his hair and let it flow back down lazily. "Are you also willing to take the risk?"

Am I? I ask myself the same question. I haven't fallen in love with anyone since Rolf Scamander and that was at 3rd year. We were never really together since I never had the chance to tell him. Am I willing to miss the same opportunity with Draco?

"I am" I answered, not looking away from. The sunrise.

Draco's eyes widen and he looked at me. I can see the corner of his lips curved. Silence emits once again.

I looked down and saw Ginny and Ron's small silhouette by the transfiguration courtyard. They were talking and shorty after Fred and George arrived and walked to them. They were all each carrying a luggage. I jolt up and Draco looked at me.

"I gotta go" I put on my beanie and sprint out the door and down the towers spiral stairs.

I head to the common room and rushed to pack up my stuff. Not long after I rushed out the dorm and headed out the to transfiguration courtyard. Then, there I saw the four of them. Ginny rushed to me with her arms crossed "where on earth have you been? We ask Cho about your whereabouts and she said you're out of bed before she woke up! We've been worried sick" she reprimanded, slightly hitting my arm.

I smiled at her and said "sorry, I went somewhere for some air"

"Fresh air right at curfew?" Ginny mildly yelled then following a sigh "you know, sometimes I wonder who's older with the both of us" she wrapped her arms around me, flicked her wand and our luggages floated, following behind us.

"Shouldn't we say our goodbyes to the others first?" I ask. Ginny looked at me and furrowed her eyebrows.

"We already did, you can just send them letters when we get back home. Mum and dad are waiting for us there, they said we'll be going to Romania to visit Charlie" she replied.