R E C R E A T E

V i n n i e

Rumor has it that Draco was confirmed to be a Death Eater. Rumor has it that he's once again just using me to get close to harry, rumor has it Nova was as they said, murdered by Voldemort.

As naive and pathetic as it may sound, I tried ignoring those calls for red flags, I want to be around him as much and make up for the lost weeks we had. But I can't help but doubt his feelings towards me. Sure, he's prove himself good these past several days. We went on a few dates and not a week would pass that he wouldn't drag me form my dorm to one fancy restaurant that I bet even if I spent my whole life savings on couldn't afford. He'd pay, of course. He always does, even for the little things.

Sometime last week, we went back to the place we had our first date and first proper kiss on. The one by the black lake. I'm not certain but for some reason whenever I look up the sky when I think of him, it's always a starless one.

Not that far from a year since we started being together. I still kept the necklace he gave me that day in the library. Polaris. Northern star.

I lay flat on my dorm bed, Luna on her own and cho was on quidditch practice. I was supposed to run for being the teams captain but the darn voice that kept calling me a name only Nova had called me flunked my performance. I started hearing it— the voice— at the game's second half. I almost broke my bloody knee when I fell off my broom, good thing professor filtwick was present when it occured. The damage was still done and I haven't the clue when will I be able to play quidditch again, madame Promfrey suggest I refrain from any physically laboring activity for a few week, months, rather.

A knock awoken me from my day dreaming, Luna got up to take it so I lay my head back on the familiar softness of my pillow once again.

If I wasn't adopted by my now family, would I even have the chance to meet Draco? I wonder. If I did died on that day, would I be reincarnated in the wizarding world I now—more than ever—have adored? I wonder-

"Love?" A hand carefully landed on my hair, the thumb caressing it. Draco.

I answered with a hum and slightly lift my head to have a better look at him. The December hue perfectly reflected on his pale flawless skin, his platinum hair shone of gold, the barely visible green streaks in his eyes were unbelievably seeable. He's gorgeous.

"I've brought you something," he started, rummaging in his bag "it's not anything big or such. Here" handing me a thing wrapped in an elegant looking white box topped with a luscious red ribbon.

"Not something big?" I chuckled then pulled the ribbon, it fell silkily. I reached for the top of the box and revealed what was inside. "You did not—" it was a pack of lemon bar. "Did you really?"

"Yes, darling, I did" he chuckled, almost with relief.

I've been trying to convince him to try pasty once in a while to let out some of the stress I don't even know where he's getting from. I've been trying to do so even before the first break up. He did, he finally did.

I stretched my hand out and folded it over his shoulder, my cheek burying on the crook of his neck, he smells like fresh parchment with a mix of an unusual scent of cardamom. It's brilliant.

His right hand wrapped on my back and his left hand helped us not to fall down.

ANOTHER SHORT ONEEE. IM SORRY I JUST FEEL REALLY GUILTY FOR NOT UPLOADING. BUT GUESS WHAT?!?! CHRISTMAS BREAK IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER AND IM GONNA FINALLY HAVE TIME TO WRITE!!!!

also, this part of the story is on halfblood prince, somewhere in December. Any idea what happened on the Christmas in that part of the movie👀

ILY ALL THANK YOU FOR STAYING THIS FAR INTO THE STORY!!!