O N L Y O N E S P E L L

D r a c o

"Do as you're ask, Draco" Narcissa speaks in shiver, her hands shakes as she fixed Draco's collar, her hands which Draco hits away.

His gaze focused on the door opened beyond him, Death Eaters going from a dark-caped silhouette to dark shadows.

The followers of the dark lord was to attack that night. They had Hogwarts cornered because death eaters are already inside the premise of the school.

"I know," Draco replies, again trapped with another task he ought to do and if not so will behold a terrible demise. He looses his mother's grip on him and walked pass towards the door of their manor. "Don't act as if you care of my well-being, mother. Cut the act, it's tiring" he added, then faded into the sky in a form of a shadow.

"Do as you're ask, Draco."

His mother's voice echoes in his mind. Do as he's ask. How could he?

The dark lord have been nothing but desperately annoying, trying to put Draco under his shoes ever since he came back the manor wounded from Blaise's punches. They had fought, earlier, when he brought Vinnie to the Slytherin common room.

-

Draco finds his way to the Slytherin common room after running a few errands for the headmaster. Severus Snape.

Draco wasn't in anyway in agreement on giving his former potion teacher authority for the school. But what opinion can he give?

His mother and father have sold him to the dark lord after doing the same thing they've done to her cousin. Forcing the death mark on their forearms.

He still remembers up to this day how his cousin's screams for help reverberated across the manor's walls. And he did nothing but to cover his ears, hoping it will fast disappear.

Draco walks to the Slytherin common room, putting on a facade in his face with fact of knowing that Vinnie might still be there.

It was a few minutes after breakfast at the great hall, and he saw none of this friends. And none of Vinnie.

He have a task to carry on, rules to obey, and family to save. He couldn't find a way to do all of those if he'd add saving Vinnie to the list.

He have already decided far long before this day came that he'd do what the dark lord asks him to do.

Kill Vinnie. His mind whispers. His heart opposed. His priorities contradict.

He enters the common room with a swish of a wand and a whisper of the password. Pansy and Blaise's gazes follows him as he makes his way for a glass of water, their gaze remains ever after he drank.

"Draco," Pansy said, breaking the silence "why are you here?"

"Couldn't I?" Draco responded. "The headmaster's calling, why are you guys here? And why is she still here?" He added while placing the glass of water back down the counter he took it from. Maybe louder than he intended to.

"She's not well" Pansy informed, brushing Vinnie's hair with her careful hands.

"So?" Draco replied indifferently. His voice was almost in the burst of breaking down but still, he tries his best to keep up his facade. The same facade the people in front of him had called stupid.

"Draco-" Pansy exclaims but was interrupted by another.

"Cut the crap, Draco." Blaise growled. Standing up, holding his hands behind him as if he's a wolf protecting his cub, and the cubs are Vinnie and Pansy.