R I G H T ....?

R I G H T ....?

V i n n i e

Me, and Fred and George stayed in silence with only the sound of us sipping our butterbeers going around the awkward atmosphere.

Someone burst open the small pubs door, everyone in the pubs attention drew to the person who flew open the door.

"Nova" Fred and George said and sat up simultaneously.

"Vinnie" she said, her voice was in a panic and she was a bit sweaty. She quickly went our way and grabbed my by the wrist. Before I could even complain, she was already dragging me outside the pub.

"What? Why? What is it?" I stammered while she drag me somewhere I don't know where.

"Nova," I said, my voice slightly more louder. "Nova!"

"What?!" She replied, looking back at me. Our track stops.

She inhaled deeply and ran her hands through her hair while sighing out "just follow me, okay?" She plead. Her eyes looked desperate. So I nodded and followed her.

We reached a secluded area. It was dark, probably somewhere in the west part of Hogwarts.

"Okay, now tell me" I said, my hands rubbing my arm, it was a bit cold and I was trying to warm myself up. Nova turned but when she did, she wasn't her. Her face started rearranging in some way and her hair transformed ginger.

"Ginny?" My voice was louder than I intend it to be. Ginny immediately covered my mouth and started hushing me. I've nodded several times when she told me be quiet and gently removed her hand on my mouth.

"Look, nova, she's not what you think she is" Ginny said, her voice had a hint of frustration.

"What do you mean?"

I was having a hard time processing everything that was happening. First, my boyfriend found out about the DA and he goes for the other side of the battle. Second, my sister transformed into my best friend. And third, I probably won't even have a chance to be quidditch captain at all!

"She's," Ginny paused then sighs "she have the dark mark. We battled her at the ministry, she was wearing a death eater mask and Luna accidentally broke it, revealing that it was her. Harry's godfather, nova's father had died. Bellatrix killed her, Luna and neville are both severely injured and I had to drink a Polyjuice potion of nova so I could get out unharmed, and Malfoy," she paused again, her hand rest on either of my shoulder and looked me directly in the eye. "You have got to end it with him, Vin. He's dangerous, his cousin is a death eater and the possibility of him being one as well is not impossible,"

I furrowed my eyebrows and flicked Ginny's hands from my shoulder. My gesture startled her, I didn't mean to come out that rude so I reached for her hand and rubbed them with my thumb "you need to rest, Gin, you're tired."

She didn't protest any longer. She just nodded and let me guide her in silence back to the Gryffindor common room.

~

I lay on my bed. I was alone in our room, Luna was in the hospital wing and Cho went home because of what had just happened. I'm more than certain that cho wouldn't expose is intentionally. I'm sure.

I fidget the circular necklace Draco gave me while trying to process everything. That's couldn't possibly be true. Nova black. My Nova Black, is a Death Eater. A bloody death eater.

I know her more than she had even know herself. She grew up with hagrid in his hut while her father was in Azkaban. Her mother had died early and had no biological family left to take custody of her. Hagrid volunteered to take care of her. Nova and I grew up together, she'd stay at the burrows and we'd run and laugh like wild hyenas.

She hadn't told me a thing about her being a death eater, nor even hint that she ever wanted to become one. Growing up, we've always wanted to be Aurors and work for the ministry of magic. We both love charms and pretty good with DADA.

She's two years older than me so growing up with her is like having another older sibling, except, was a girl, an older sister. I love her more than words could express. What could possibly be the reason of her ever considering on siding on the dark side when all we've dreamt of was being lights for other people?

I thought: maybe she was badly influenced by her new-made-friends. Maybe she was. I don't know, I wasn't sure. I want to see her. I want to talk to her. But Ginny said she had apparated with the other death eaters, alongside her uncle, Lucius Malfoy. They disappeared out of nowhere after retreating.

I scratch my head frustratingly and let my thoughts wave over my brain. It's true, what ginny said. Maybe she was, maybe she wasn't.

"Aghhh" I let out a frustrated groan. I kept aggressively scratching my head.

Nova never calls my Vinnie. If she did, it would be about something serious or she just want me to panic. She gave me a nickname that only she get to say. Eloi. I don't know where she got that from but once she had decided she would call me that, there's no changing of mind.

Is she okay? They won't hurt her, right? I need to see her. It's not like I'm doubting my own sister's words, but she's my best friend. If I were to believe such accusation, i need to see it for myself.

I stood up, dusted my clothes. I plan to find her. Hagrid's hut, her dorm, her fathers house, the Malfoy manor. I don't care. I needed to find her.

I fixed my things and when I was to head to the door, it burst open. Draco, from the other side of the door came rushing to me. He's sweaty, his eyes speaks panic. He grabbed me by the waist and pulled me into a tight embrace.

"Why? What's the matter?" I ask.

His hand on the back of my head, the other one on my waist and his head nuzzled into the crook of my shoulder.

"Nothing," he replied.