T E N A C I O U S LY

T E N A C I O U S L Y

V i n n i e

I grip my bag tight as I head my way to the quidditch pitch, Draco said to meet him there after class for our date. One day I ask him why he had quit quidditch when he enjoys riding the broom a lot. He looked at me with his eyes wide and tried to switch the topic. I didn't want to ask him about it anymore if he felt uncomfortable of it, of course. I'd rather have him keep a few secrets from me than forcing my way to make him spit it out. I'm his girlfriend, not his mother.

I was wearing the clothes Cho had prepared for me. Black bodice and a pencil cut skirt that only covers barely half my thighs and was paired up with a faux fur shawl.

I stand by the quidditch pitch, where Draco ask to meet me. The cold February breeze hits me vastly, I shivered from the cold air and gripped my bag. I let out a big sigh and my breathe fogs up, I closed my eyes and let the breeze hit my face.

"Hey," a voice shouted. I looked over to where the sound came from and saw Draco on a broom. I waved my hand and smiled. He made his way down to me, slowing down mid way and held his hand out.

"What?" I ask confusedly.

"Come," he said, his hands still reaching out for me.

I placed my hands on his and he grasped my hand tenaciously. He slightly pulled me up and made me sit behind him.

"Hold on" he added, taking my arms and wrapping it around his unbelievably tiny waist and zoomed into the sky.

I let out a short squeal and hid my face behind him. I heard him giggle and when we finally reached high up I hit him slightly "don't laugh!"

He chuckled and looked behind me. "Can't help it," a grin once again made it's way on the corner of his lips. "Wanna go somewhere?"

I pursed my lips and crossed my eyebrows at the same time and ask "where?"

He didn't answer, he just ask to hold on, so I did.

Later, we found ourselves in the spot on the black lake. The place he took me on our first day. It was the same time; golden hour, same spot, same breeze, same ambiance. But one thing added up. I looked down to make sure I was not just hallucinating, and I wasn't. The exact place where we sat down and watched the sunset, and shared our first proper intimate kiss, there lies a checkered picnic blanket along with snacks that I mentioned I like. Pumpkin pasties, cinnamon buns, lemons bars and such. There's also to wine glasses and a bucket of ice with a fancy looking bottle of wine in it.

My eyes ventured the place while he stood beside me. I looked at him and he was already looking at me. He smiled, I smiled back, and went back to admiring the place. I felt warm and fuzzy which wasn't new because my family tends to pull on surprises, especially on my birthday— but this time it wasn't someone I was related to. It's from someone who I was just strangers with barely even a year ago. I wonder; why? I always wonder why. Why me, and why him.

Draco headed to the place where the picnic was laid on. He patted the space beside him and I quickly sat on it. He grabbed my hand it intertwined it with his, familiarly, his cold rings hit my palm and the ring he gave me hit his.

When we first came there, Draco mentioned that it was a place mostly empty. People doesn't like the idea of it being around the black lake. Although it was a beautiful spot people tend to still find it's flaws. It wasn't just a spot. It was our spot.

"Why?" I ask, looking at him. He chuckled

"Back with the 'why', are we?" He gripped my hand tighter and mine did the same.

We spend time with each other until sundown. He had me lay on his lap while we watch the sky, it wasn't a starless night but we enjoyed it either way. I'd point at constellations and we'd talk about it for minutes, hours, even. I told him there's a constellation called Draco and would appear somewhere in July, he said he knows about it and would tease me about how obsessed I am with him to actually know about that constellation.

He wasn't wrong, of course. I bumped in the word 'Draco' when I was doing some light reading for the upcoming exams and found that it was a constellation.

"I heard you'll be running for your house's quidditch caption" he said, slightly pulled me closer to him. I lay on his chest and both his arms as busy warming me up.

I nodded "yeah,"

The sun was already setting, giving the place a warm hue. The rosy color it gave hits our skin, making his slightly pink. I switched my attention to the sun that's barely there and his hands in mine. Winter is about to end, another season comes and I can't wait to spend it with him.

~

OKAY I PROMISE ILL STOP WITH THE FILLERS SIDJDJDNX