9| Comfort.

Chapter nine: Comfort

Sriya had seamlessly integrated into the team, earning their trust with her exceptional skills as a physiotherapist. Her dedication and expertise had contributed significantly to the team's victories, keeping the players in top form throughout their matches.

Two months after a significant triumph, the team found themselves basking in the afterglow of their success. Hardik Pandya, the team's jovial all-rounder, rallied for a celebration alongside Rohit Sharma. To the team's astonishment, even the usually diet-conscious Virat Kohli readily agreed to a cheat day and a party.

However, Sriya, despite being acknowledged as a crucial factor in their victory, hesitated to join the celebration. She felt she would intrude upon their camaraderie, believing herself to be an outsider to their team bonding.

The players, disheartened by Sriya's refusal, attempted to persuade her. "Come on, Sriya! You're an integral part of this team's success," Rohit encouraged, his voice reflecting genuine disappointment.

"Come on, Sriya, you can't bail on us now!" Hardik exclaimed, his usual grin replaced by an earnest plea.

Shreyas chimed in, "Yeah, we owe this victory to you too. You've been our secret weapon!"

KL, known for his calm demeanor, gently added, "We'd love to have you there, Sriya. It won't be the same without you."

Jasprit, usually reserved, nodded in agreement. "We're a team on the field and off it. You're a part of us, Sriya."

Their heartfelt appeals filled the room, emphasizing Sriya's importance in their collective journey. However, despite their convincing arguments, Sriya hesitated, feeling she would intrude upon their camaraderie.

"I appreciate it, really, but I don't want to intrude," Sriya explained, a tinge of reluctance evident in her voice. "You guys need your celebration, and I don't want to be the odd one out."

Virat, known for his leadership skills, stepped in with a genuine smile. "Sriya, you're not an outsider here. We're a team, and we want you to be part of this celebration. Please join us."

Sriya, though touched by their sincerity, remained firm in her decision. "I'll pass this time, but thank you for the invite," she said, offering a warm smile before excusing herself from the room.

The team, disappointed but understanding of her stance, exchanged glances. They knew convincing Sriya required someone with a more personal connection.

Observing Sriya's departure, the team knew they needed a secret weapon to convince her to join the celebration. Shubman, who had developed a close bond with Sriya over the past two months, emerged as their ally.