43| Moving in.

Timeline of this chapter is two months later than the previous one.
(I mentioned about it in the chapter earlier but thought to do it again)

Chapter Forty Three: Moving In.

Sriya was engrossed in her phone, scrolling through messages and checking notifications while Shubman sat beside her, trying to capture her attention.

"Hey, Sohniye," Shubman said softly, trying to break through her focus.

Sriya looked up momentarily, a smile tugging at the corners of her lips. "Hey, sorry, just checking a few things."

Shubman leaned closer, playfully nudging her arm. "You know, I exist here too."

Sriya giggled, "Of course you do, but this is important." She glanced back at her phone.

"More important than me?" Shubman teased, pretending to pout.

Sriya finally set her phone down, turning her full attention towards him. "Never, you're the most important person."

Shubman smiled, his eyes lighting up. "That's better!"

He leaned in, and Sriya playfully pushed him away. "Hey, not so fast! I was in the middle of something."

"Fine, fine," Shubman sighed dramatically, feigning disappointment. "I'll just sit here, ignored by my own girlfriend."

Sriya laughed, unable to resist his antics. "You're impossible!"

In the cozy ambiance of Shubman's home, Sriya was engrossed in her phone, her attention drawn by the notifications flooding her screen. Messages, updates, and cricket news danced before her eyes, captivating her focus.

Meanwhile, Shubman, sitting close by, observed her absorbed state, a playful glint in his eyes. He glanced over, his lips forming an affectionate smile as he pondered how to divert her attention.

"Sohniye," Shubman called softly again, leaning in closer to Sriya.

Sriya looked up momentarily, acknowledging his endearment, but her attention quickly drifted back to her phone, her fingers tapping away again.

Not one to be easily deterred, Shubman gently nudged her shoulder, seeking her attention once more.
"Hey, Sohniye," he repeated, this time with a hint of playful insistence.

Sriya glanced up again, a faint smile tugging at the corners of her lips. "Yes?" she responded, her eyes still flickering back to the screen intermittently.

Shubman, now determined to win her focus, leaned in closer, drawing circles on her palm with his finger. "Guess what?"

Sriya turned to him, her curiosity piqued. "What?"

"Someone here wants your attention. Desperately," Shubman teased, pointing at himself with a playful pout.

Sriya chuckled, finally setting her phone aside. "Oh, my apologies. What do you want, Mr. Attention Seeker?"