34| Shopping Spree.

Chapter thirty four: Shopping Spree

(NOTE: the story doesn't follow real life dates or timelines or events.)

The air in Mumbai held a slight chill as November welcomed the festival of lights - Diwali. For Sriya, it meant staying back in the city while Rahul and Athiya celebrated the occasion in their native place, being newly married couple. However, she wasn't alone; she found refuge in the welcoming home of Rohit and Ritika.

Sriya had always shared a special bond with the Sharmas. As the festive fervor gripped the city, the Sharma household became an abode of joy, lights, and family spirit. Together, they adorned the house with strings of colorful lights, embellishing every corner with vibrant hues.

"Be careful, Ro. Don't move too much, you'll topple!" Ritika said to her husband who was putting on lights in the balcony.

"Me? Fall? Never!" Rohit replied with a mischievous smile.

Samaria, their daughter entered the living room's balcony. Looking at her parents in curiousity.

"What are you both doing Mumma and Dada?" She asked.

"Mumma and dada are trying to fix these lights, but Dada is being silly!" Ritika said and Samaria giggled.

"Dada is not silly okay, your mumma is." Rohit said sticking his tongue out.

"You say something and I'll shake the ladder Ro." Ritika said.

"Guys what's happening here?" Sriya asked coming to the living room.

"Mumma and Dada both are being sillyyyy." Samaira said.

"Where are you going Sri?" She asked.

"I'm going for shopping for Diwali." Sriya replied.

"Alone?" Samaria asked.

"No, Shubman's coming too."

"Shubiiii Chachuuuuu!!! Can I come too pleeesssseee" Samaira said showing puppy eyes.

"No, Sammy don't disturb Sri and Chachu." Ritika said.

"That's no problem Ritsy, she won't disturb infact Sammy is fun." Sriya said.

"Yes, please! Can I, mumma, dada?" Samaira asked.

"Alright, sweetheart. But don't trouble your Chachu and Sri too much!" Rohit said.