48| Welcome Home.

(contains some small steamy makeout which will be continued as Smut in the next chapter. So I am not marking this chapter with an asterisk I will warn as soon as the scenes are about to start for thise who want to skip.

Sorry for inconveniences. Enjoy Reading!)

Chapter Forty Eight: Welcome Home

As they approached Shubman's doorstep, a sudden thought struck him. He paused, turning to Sriya with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"Wait right here," he said, excitement brimming in his voice as he rushed inside, leaving Sriya slightly puzzled.

In a whirlwind of activity, Shubman dashed around the house, gathering candles, string lights, and a few scattered picture frames. He quickly improvised, hanging the lights and placing the frames strategically around the living area.

With a mischievous grin, he found an speaker and set it up, filling the room with soft, romantic music. The glow from the candles and lights cast a warm hue across the space, creating a cozy atmosphere.

Sriya stood at the threshold, her heart racing with anticipation. As Shubman emerged, he held out his hand, gesturing for her to enter.

"Okay, now open your eyes," he said with excitement dancing in his eyes.

Sriya opened her eyes to the surprise before her – the dimly lit room with candles and pictures that showcased their journey together. Tears welled up in her eyes as she took in the sight, overwhelmed by Shubman's last-minute, heartfelt effort.

Shubman approached her, a shy smile on his face, "Welcome home, Sunflower," he said softly, reaching out to take her hand.

Sriya embraced him, feeling the warmth of his love and the simplicity of the gesture. It wasn't about the grandeur; it was about the thoughtfulness and the love behind the spontaneous arrangement.

"Welcome back," he murmured softly, his voice carrying a depth of emotions.

Sriya's heart swelled with affection for him. She wiped away a stray tear that had trickled down her cheek and smiled, feeling grateful and overwhelmed by Shubman's thoughtful gesture.

"Thank you," she whispered, her voice choked with emotion. "This is beautiful, Shubman."

He smiled back, his gaze never leaving hers. "It's not much, but I wanted it to be something special. Our place needed its sunshine back," he said, his voice full of warmth.

She laughed lightly, a melodic sound that filled the room. "Well, it's perfect," she assured him, tightening her grip around him.