18| Encountering Ex!

Chapter Eighteen: Encountering Ex!

It had been two weeks since Sriya had fought with Shubman about him being distant to her. She hardly spoke with him anything else than work. Though it hurted her a lot, but she would not give up, she wanted the boy to make the first move. A simple sorry would be more than enough for her.

As the result of her fight Sriya was now out with Ishan to shop for groceries. Usually she and Shubman would be shopping partners, but now she wasn't giving herself another heartache.

Sriya and Ishan were busy picking out vegetables when they heard a sudden commotion. Turning around, they noticed a woman collapsing near the fruit section. Rushing over, Sriya quickly knelt beside the woman.

"Are you okay? Can you hear me?" Sriya asked, her medical instincts kicking in.

Ishan recognized her instantly. "Sriya, that's Alaya Das! Shubman's ex."

Focusing on the situation at hand, Sriya checked Alaya's pulse and ensured her airways were clear. "Ishan, grab some water. She needs help."

As Ishan hurried off to follow Sriya's instructions, Sriya tried to assess the situation, checking Alaya's vitals. The store manager rushed over with a first aid kit, and Sriya swiftly administered the necessary aid.

"Sriya, are you okay?" Ishan asked, noticing her tense expression.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Sriya replied, her thoughts in turmoil about the sudden encounter with Shubman's ex.

Alaya slowly regained consciousness, her eyes fluttering open. She looked around in a daze before recognizing Ishan standing beside her.

"Thank you," Alaya murmured weakly. "Ishan, right? It's been a long time."

Ishan nodded, offering a supportive smile. "Yes, it's me. How are you feeling now?"

Sriya stood close by, ready to assist if needed. Alaya glanced at her, offering a grateful nod. "Thank you both for your help. I'm feeling better."

As she steadied herself, Alaya took a moment before addressing Ishan. "How's Shubman? Still the same, I presume? How many girls has he been with now?"

Ishan chuckled, trying to lighten the mood. "Shubman's doing good. And you know how it is, just a friend here, a friend there."

Sriya stayed quiet, observing the interaction, her thoughts a mix of concern and curiosity about Shubman's past.

As they drove back home, Sriya sat silently for a while before mustering the courage to address Ishan.

"Ishan, why do you think Alaya asked about Shubman's girlfriends? Does he have many?"

Ishan sighed, glancing at Sriya. "Not really. Shubman never really committed, you know. They were just dates, nothing serious."

Ishan glanced at her again, gauging her expression before answering carefully. "Shubman... well, he's not someone who's been committed, you know? Just dates." He assured her.

After a moment of silence, Sriya broke it, her voice barely a whisper.

"Ishan, I like Shubman."

Ishan's face lit up with genuine happiness.

"Kyaaa!! Oyye mujhe toh pehle se hi pata thaaa!!" He said almost jumping on his seat.

"Don't jump Ishan you are driving!" Sriya scolded.

"Sorry, woh khushi nahi ho rahi thi control."

Sriya's expression, however, was tinged with sadness. "But we had a fight. And I can't help but feel like I'm just another side chick to him."

Ishan frowned sympathetically. "Sriya, you're not just another girl. You're more than that. And maybe Shubman's just confused. He's not the best with emotions, especially when it comes to something serious."

Sriya sighed, staring out of the car window, thoughts swirling in her mind. The uncertainty and doubt about her place in Shubman's life clouded her feelings for him.

Ishan placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "I know Shubman, and he's not like that. He's just scared, I think. Give him some time."

Sriya nodded, still unsure about what to believe.

Hey Guys,Here's the eighteenth Chapter of the story

Hey Guys,
Here's the eighteenth Chapter of the story.

How was it? Please comment your views.

Any guesses for the next one?

Will Shubman and Sriya ever come back together or not?

See you soon!

~yours author, Sonakshi.