֎ Match with Family.

Bonus Chapter: Match with Family

"Maa, Arjun is troubling me!" Aria complained, her voice tinged with frustration as she glared at her younger brother.

Arjun shot back immediately, his own irritation evident. "Nahi Maa, Aria is troubling me!" he retorted, crossing his arms defiantly as he met his sister's gaze.

Sriya, hearing the commotion, entered the living room with a comb in hand, her eyebrows raised in exasperation as she took in the scene before her. "Aria, Arjun, what's all this fighting about?" she asked, her tone firm but gentle.

Aria and Arjun both turned to their mother, their expressions sheepish as they realized they had been caught. "We were just, um, discussing something," Aria replied vaguely, her cheeks flushing with embarrassment.

Sriya sighed, shaking her head at their antics. "Well, it sounds more like arguing to me," she remarked, her voice tinged with amusement despite her exasperation. "And if you two keep fighting like this, how will we go see Papa's match?"

At the mention of their father's match, Aria and Arjun's eyes lit up with excitement, the prospect of watching their beloved Papa play cricket enough to momentarily put aside their squabble.

Realizing the error of their ways, the siblings exchanged apologetic glances before turning back to their mother. "Sorry, Maa," they chorused in unison, their voices filled with remorse.

"Aria, come here, I'll do your hair," Sriya called out with a warm smile, holding out the comb invitingly.

Arjun's eyes widened with surprise and a hint of jealousy as he watched his sister eagerly approach their mother. "But Maa, I wanted you to do my hair too," he protested, his lower lip jutting out in a pout.

Sriya chuckled softly, ruffling Arjun's hair affectionately. "Don't worry, sweetheart, I'll do your hair next," she reassured him, her tone gentle and soothing as she tried to appease his jealousy.

Aria glanced back at her brother with a mischievous grin, teasing him playfully. "Looks like you'll have to wait your turn, Arjun," she teased, a hint of triumph in her voice as she followed their mother into the next room.

Arjun huffed in frustration, crossing his arms over his chest as he watched them go. "It's not fair," he muttered under his breath, feeling left out and overlooked.

Sriya glanced back at her son with a sympathetic smile, understanding his feelings of jealousy. "Don't worry, Arjun, you're next in line," she promised, her words carrying a soothing reassurance.

As Sriya finished styling Aria's hair, she glanced at the clock and realized it was Arjun's turn. "Alright, Arjun, come here, it's your turn now," she said, motioning for him to take a seat in front of her.

Arjun eagerly complied, a hint of excitement in his eyes as he settled into the chair. "Can I have a cool hairstyle, Maa?" he asked, his voice filled with anticipation.