Chapter 25

Ruhi was sitting beside Yudhishthir and they were having dinner with their family. They were back to Rathore mansion and she was lost in her thoughts.

Her thoughts were revolving around Abhay's words about the heir and she was visibly disturbed. Yudhishthir was noticing her behaviour and was getting suspicious. He was sure that something was off with her.

"What happened?" He asked her and she looked at him. She stared at him trying to decipher his thoughts and emotions.' Does he know that he requires heir to secure his position? Of course Ruhi, he knows.' She was debating with herself.

"Don't stare at me. Tell me what's bothering you." He whispered and she shook her head with a small no. She will talk with him about all this later.

"Yudhishthir." Suraj Rathore, his grandfather called him.

"Hnji Dadu." Yudhishthir answered him respectfully.

"How is your work going on?" He asked him. Yudhishthir was going to answer the question but before that Suryadeep's words silenced the whole table. Yudhishthir clenched his fist. His knuckles turning white.

"I will join the office." He said and kept on eating his food. Ruhi's gaze dropped on at Yudhishthir's hand and she slowly rubbed them with hers.

"That's rea..lly good." Jaywanti Rathore spoke but she when she sensed silence she came suspicious. She turned towards Yudhishthir who was busy murdering the food in his plate with a fork. "Yudhishthir is everything fine?" She asked her grandson and Yudhishthir looked at Suryadeep with menacing eyes.

"Fine join the office from tomorrow but you will work under me." Yudhishthir bashed at Suryadeep, who scoffed in response.

"Really, you think that I will work under you. Forget it Yudhishthir. I will become the CEO and you will work under me." Those words were enough to make some gasp, some sad and Yudhishthir lost his patience. He stood up the table with and banged his fist on it.

Ruhi stood up and held his arm. She started pulling Yudhishthir back but he had other plans.

Suraj Rathore and Jaywanti Rathore were astounded. Not able to believe their ears for what they heard.

"Suryadeep just be in your limits. Why are you testing my patience?" Yudhishthir spoke with fury and Suryadeep just sneered.

He stood up and walked towards Yudhishthir with his wife behind him.

"I am stating facts from past few days but no one is ready to believe me. I am elder and I should get a chance to prove myself ." Suryadeep stated and Yudhishthir threw his plate down in anger which shattered into pieces.

Ruhi held his arm and again tried to pull him back and Ishani chuckled,"You know what Yudhishthir you should try to control your anger, this anger will be the biggest reason of you downfall." She cradled her baby bump and continued,"By the way Suryadeep has a heir, infact two for strengthening his position."

She held her husband's arm and walked away from there.

Her words left a deep impact on Ruhi's mind and for a second she got lost in her thoughts. Heir,right? Yudhishthir needs one. He needs his kid.

"Don't mind her words Ruhi." She snapped out of her thoughts when she felt her mother-in-law's hand over hers and she realised that Yudhishthir was not present there. Ruhi nodded and she quickly went towards her room.

She saw Yudhishthir sitting on the couch with his one arm over his forehead and the other making patterns on the sofa aimlessly. Without making any noise she sat beside him and placed her hands over his. She knew he was going through a lot.