Chapter 42

Here's the update. I hope you all will like it and this time I swear I need more than 200 comments. At least you can do this for me.

Read the chapter attentively and I have a question for you in the end, and let me know your thoughts and assumptions. I am eagerly waiting for it. Don't forget to vote and comment ✨.
I have edited the chapter but I think there are a few mistakes which escaped from my eyes.

Y U D H I S H T H I R

"Grandma.."

"You won't speak a word." She pointed her finger in my direction and turned towards my father-in-law, who was standing beside her. Last night ruined Ruhi's mood completely. Everyone tried to reason with dadi, but she was adamant. She would not even budge a little away from her decision.

I glanced at Ruhi, who was silently crying in her mother's arms. I was not even a little aware of the fact that dadi had called Ruhi's parents, my parents-in-law to discuss this matter. Abhay patted my arm, as he stood beside me.

"Maa listen...."

"Not even a word Devendra and Suraj ji even, you won't say anything in between." Her aura speaks, her authority.

"Ruhi is the daughter-in-law of the Rathore family. Men of our house work and we ladies have only one duty that is to nurture and cherish them and their kids and your daughter is not doing any of them...."
Her words angered me and I spoke,

"Enough dadi."

"Were you aware of the fact that your wife was the CEO of that fashion label? And your in-laws hid such a big thing from us." She said in a duh tone and sat down on the sofa. Her posture was radiating anger.

"I am sorry dadi........" I cut off Ruhi in between who was going to seek forgiveness from my grandmother.

"I knew everything from the starting." Without thinking about anything I claimed the fact and lied. Ruhi and her parents were looking at me, all surprised. I gave them an acknowledging nod . Rupa maa was also unaware of the fact that her daughter was the CEO of Arcane Apparels. Even though she was not at all happy about the fact.

"Dadi, Shyam uncle told me everything before our marriage and to tell you the truth I am and I was always happy. You will not interfere in between. As always, I say that I won't give anyone any right to speak in mine and Ruhi's matters then I mean it." Dadi was looking at me angrily. I knew that I was playing with fire.

She stood up from her seat and got hold of the end of the saree and said,"As you wish but remember you made me unhappy Yudhishthir and I won't forget it."

"I am sorry dadi but my wife's happiness matters the most to me." Suryadeep Snickered at my words and for the first time in the whole day he spoke ,"As if you care for her."

I fisted my hands and controlled the urge to punch him. I did not want to create any drama in front of my in-laws.

"You..." I pointed at him and continued," Mind your own business."

"Jaywanti ji I am really sorry for everything that happened but I assure you that nothing else is hidden from you." My father-in-law apologized and my head hung down in shame. I never wanted him to apologize when he was not at all at any fault.

She just nodded and walked away from the scene. What she did was not at all right. Suryadeep and Ishani retreated back to their rooms and Singhania's left after having a little chat with my parents.

"Thanks for everything Yudhishthir." Her words were not above a whisper. I joined Ruhi in our room and she hugged me tightly. I held her chin with my fingers and pecked her lips.