Chapter 7

"Sit!" Grigori ordered her eyes flashing reddish-brown with an outer ring of darker grey in her irises that seemed to pulsate with powerful mana. Robotically, TBOAH!Choi Han's body returned to his seat and he was once again fixed firmly in place by Grigori's divine power, shallow breaths for air were heard from TBOAH!Choi Han's direction, but he was otherwise fine – no one dared to speak up on his behalf. She waved her hand toward the Palantír and Naur took that as his signal to continue.

"Harris Village?'
Cale recalled the information about Harris Village after unexpectedly hearing about it. The Forest of Darkness was one of the Forbidden Regions. Harris Village was the village separated from the forest by a single wall. It was where Choi Han first met people of this world after finding his way out of the Forest of Darkness and where the Tigers, Wolves, and Cale's friends resided right now.

Kim Rok Soo blinked and corked his head slightly at the words concerning the new residents of that place, but then he decided not to ask, because he sincerely didn't want to be reminded of what exactly that place had taken from him.

Choi Han left Harris Village and headed for the Henituse Lord's Estate after the people of the village were massacred by Arm. Kim Rok Soo's eyes were still closed as he continued to speak.
"My mother said that she was going to visit Harris Village. There was something she needed to bury there. I found it odd that my mother needed to go to a village she had no connections with, a village that was just one of many in our territory."
His voice was calm, but the things he was saying were quite shocking.

This time not only TBOAH!Choi Han, but also TBOAH!Ron and TBOAH!Deruth froze in their seats and they felt an eerie chill slither up their spines. Similarly TCF!Deruth frowned – this was a story about his late first wife that he did not know and for some reason it made him feel incredibly uneasy.

Mercilessly Naur continued the record and Cale reached over and set his hand upon Kim Rok Soo's – if it had been the him from half a year ago, he would never have attempted to console his Soul Swap Partner like this, but the him now was different. He'd grown a lot under the patience, love and gentle reassurance of his family and friends. Thus, he was capable of doing now what, at the time of this record, he had been unable to do.

"My mother left for Harris Village even though it was pouring rain and the wind was strong. I was quite worried because her body had always been weak. And then..."
Kim Rok Soo stopped for a moment as if it was difficult to say before continuing with a stoic expression on his face.

"She ended up seriously injured because the carriage tipped over on her way back due to the storm. She received treatment back home after that but unfortunately, she passed away."

A very bitter expression appeared upon both TBOAH!Ron and TCF!Ron's faces. However, that expression soon shifted to match the expressions of sheer and absolute horror, as Naur narrated the next line as said by Kim Rok Soo. 

Cale felt as if he could hear the roaring wind from that day despite never having heard it. Kim Rok Soo was calm.

"But the carriage accident was not the reason my mother passed away. It wasn't that bad of an accident. Nobody other than my mother got hurt either. But everybody thinks that my mother passed away because of the injuries from the accident."
He sighed while keeping his eyes closed.

Sharp breaths were taken as everyone collectively stiffened at the implications being made in these records. They knew something bad was coming, but they could not tell how bad exactly it would be.

"I only learned about the real reason for her death after meeting the God of Death. My mother..."
He stopped for a moment and opened his eyes to look at Cale.
"I think that my mother expected things would end up like this."