Chapter 25

TBOAH!Choi Han and TBOAH!Rosalyn stiffened as well and straightened up in their seats – whatever jovial entertainment they’d been having watching their TCF!World counterparts banter was erased from their minds now.

Lock was currently going through the pain before transforming into berserk mode for the first time in his life. Cale did not know why this state that happened a year later in the novel was already happening. However, he looked around at everybody and said just one thing.
“Don’t worry.”

“Naur, let’s proceed to the next record I set out…” Grigori requested calmly as the guests from both worlds took deep breaths to calm themselves. They could all tell that the TCF!Lock was fine now and that since this was the past, whatever happened back then ended successfully.
“Understood. Proceeding to Chapter 31!”

<Chapter 31: You (6)>
Why did that little boy from the Blue Wolf Tribe go berserk?
In the novel, Lock would experience his first berserk transformation one year later. The reason for that was the death of an individual.
‘Healer Pendrick.’

TBOAH!Lock began to tremble, he hunched his shoulders and curled in on himself – as if to make his tall form as small and as insignificant as possible. Grigori wrapped her arm around him and began to card her fingers through his head, silently holding the wolf-boy to support him even while he stubbornly continued to force his eyes and mind to absorb the scenes of this record. However, he is not the only one who flinched at the mention of Pendrick.

TBOAH!Eruhaben flinched and bowed his head, gritting his teeth and swallowing down the injured sound that threatened to escape him – on the other hand TCF!Eruhaben turned his gaze sharply off the Palantír to stare first at TCF!Lock and then toward TBOAH!Lock before his wide eyes moved to look at Cale’s peacefully sleeping form. TCF!Eruhaben understood something after staring at Cale and TBOAH!Eruhaben also seemed to understand something after spying on his counterpart and seeing the confusion in his counterpart’s reaction. In the TCF!World, Pendrick was safe.

That elf ends up dying in battle.

TBOAH!Lock let out a hushed whine and buried his face into his hands. He didn’t want to remember that battle – it was the one that haunted him the most. Not even suffering mermaid poison had tormented him as deeply as losing Pendrick.

Pendrick was someone who reminded Lock of his dead uncle, the chief of the Blue Wolf Tribe.

TCF!Lock sat quietly, his eyes narrowing slightly in deep contemplative concentration. He didn’t understand how Pendrick – the quirky elf that lived and raved praises for the Dragons living in Raon Miru’s Black Castle – reminded his counterpart of his late uncle, but he seemed to understand and empathize that losing such an important person must have been devastating to his counterpart. It certainly made sense that losing that kind of connection would have triggered their first berserk transformation.

Seeing Pendrick dying makes Lock go crazy, wanting to kill everything and everyone in sight.

TCF!Lock sees the difference he’d been sensing between his counterpart plainly now. Where he had sought strength to protect and save his loved ones and family, TBOAH!Lock had burst with destructive impulses that wanted to express the hurt and pain he’d been feeling onto others.

For some reason, this realization made TCF!Lock sad. He felt that this distortion was not the way of the proud Wolf Tribe, and his gratitude toward Cale and his hyung, noona, siblings and the rest of their family filled his heart with gratitude and relief which overshadowed the sorrow that had weighed upon him moments ago.

“On, Hong.” Cale looked down toward the siblings who were huddled together inside the shield. “The two of you haven’t experienced the berserk transformation yet, right?”
The kittens nodded their heads.
“Do you know anything about it?”
“Not really.”
“Nobody taught us about it.”
Cale knew this would be the case.