Chapter 102

While the former Roan Kings, TBOAH!Zed and TCF!Zed, were scheming new ways to cause trouble for Cale, everyone else was focused on what the King of the Whipper Kingdom was whining about. Everyone could not understand what they were hearing – that's how high the ridiculousness of the Whipper King's words were.

To demand that the Whipper Kingdom provide 100,000 of its able-bodied people yearly to work free of charge for 80 years was basically demanding them to send 100,000 people to the Empire to become slaves for 80 years.
Harol’s voice was heard again.
“Your majesty, don’t you understand what this means?”
The king flinched before speaking with a calm expression. He had steeled himself before coming to look for Toonka and Harol. Of course, he was only able to do this because he believed they would not kill their king right now.

TBOAH!Toonka scoffed, his philosophy in their TBOAH!World had not been bound by such useless and tedious formalities – the moment the Whipper King in their world had voiced objections to his methods and plans was the same day his head went flying.

He spoke calmly and with a majestic demeanor.
“I support the non-mage faction.”
He then continued with a tight expression.
“I would accept the Empire’s offer.”
Harol started to frown.
‘I should have killed him earlier!’
Harol should have killed him when he tore down the Magic Tower. He had kept him alive because he didn’t want to cause any more chaos. Now that the opportune time has passed, he couldn’t kill the king so carelessly. If he revolted against the king and killed him in the face of war, the people of the Whipper Kingdom who should come together and fight against the Empire would be shaken.

In this aspect TBOAH!Toonka was freer than TCF!Toonka, but TBOAH!Toonka could not enjoy this because he knew that TCF!Toonka outscored him in too many other aspects that mattered.

TBOAH!Harol felt a slight twinge of sympathy for his counterpart who had to deal with this unreasonable nonsense. However, he quickly squashed the feeling by reminding himself that it would only be fair for TCF!Harol to go through some struggles to achieve his goals as well.

Harol swallowed his anger and spoke, “…Your majesty, no matter how you look at it, demanding a hundred thousand people to labor as such is basically making them slaves, isn’t that so?”
The king exclaimed with astonishment, “Slaves?! Isn’t the Empire simply requesting for a temporary labour force? If we just accept that offer, we can live.”
‘Ha.’
Harol was stunned.
‘80 years was temporary? And that didn’t make them slaves?’
Harol found the king, who knew the Empire’s intentions yet feigned ignorance, despicable.

“This is the height of stupidity!” TBOAH!Rei mumbled.
“He's as stupid as Adin is evil!” TBOAH!Rex agreed. He tightly clenched his fists and grit his teeth to hold in his mounting frustration at the sheer audacity of this bastard who was the king of a neighbouring country.
“Every kingdom has it's own heap of problems…” TCF!Rex calmly informed TBOAH!Rex and TBOAH!Rei. TCF!Rei nodded and made a sound of agreement.
“That's right. We were all quite lucky that the Young Master-nim decided to assist us in reclaiming what rightfully belonged to the people.” He spoke with a calm tone, but his gaze was fierce as they glared at the Whipper king on the Palantír. 

The record on the Palantír went on and explained several important bits of the conversation. It revealed that during the civil war the king had feigned ignorance and fully immersed himself in protecting himself alone. It showed how TCF!Harol practiced an incredible amount of self-restraint and resisted attacking the king only by raising his voice to demand where the king intended to find 100,000 people, while he sarcastically wondered who exactly the king was planning to send to the Empire to become slaves.