Early Arrival

You're sitting on the couch all curled up in your blanket as you unenthusiastically flip through the channels of your television. It's been a couple months since you've last seen Dylan, but you understood what his job entailed. He loved to act and though it kept you two apart for some time, you made sure to stay by him and support his dream. He loved you so much for it.

'Just a few more weeks.' You told yourself with a frown as a commercial for 'Teen Wolf' appeared on the screen.

When you would tell people how much you missed him, they would nod and express that they understood, but in actuality, they didn't. They didn't feel the aching pain in the pit of your stomach every time you thought about Dylan, knowing he wasn't around and wouldn't be for some time. It made you feel that much lonelier and it will only get worse once he goes off to film for 'The Maze Runner.'

A few moments had passed then your cell phone began to vibrate. You looked down at the phone screen and a stupid grin imprinted on your face when you saw who it was, almost shyly biting on your bottom lip.

[Dylan:] Hey babe I'm about to film a few more scenes then going back to the apt with T-Pose. I just wanted to tell you that I love you and I miss you. 3 more weeks! :P

(y/n): Have fun! I love & miss you too. I can't wait to see you. That one weekend 2 months ago was not enough :(

[Dylan:] I know ): I promise when I get home we'll lock ourselves in the bedroom for days until I smell and you force me to shower. :D

You laughed and shook your head.

(y/n): LOL just come home! We'll deal with your hygiene later.

[Dylan:] Lmao ;) I will soon!
[Dylan:] Ok, babe, I gotta go. I love you. Call you later.

(y/n): ok love you too.

You set your phone aside and exhaled a heavy breath as you went back to your lonely reality.

Looking around your apartment you realized it could use a little cleaning. Not that it really needed it, but it gave you something to do to pass the time on your day off from work. You decided to do what you always did, start with the back rooms then work your way out to the main rooms, like the living room and the kitchen. It was something weird your mom taught you to do, you never understood why, but you kept doing it anyway.

An hour and a half later, as you're dusting the living room, there was a knock at the door. You headed over and opened the door to find a delivery man standing there with a box that looked like chocolates.

"Are you Ms. (y/f/n) (y/l/n)?" he asked with a thick accent.

"Yes."

He handed you a brick sized electronic device to sign. Once you finished signing, you both made the exchange and you noticed the box had a small note attached. You smiled as you closed the door and quickly removed the note from its small envelope.

Hey Babe,

I know it's been hard with me gone, but don't forget how much I love you. You're my rock and I don't know what I'd do without you. I hope you love the chocolates and flowers. see you soon.

Love, Dylan.

After you read the note, it hit you that you didn't receive any flowers. Swiftly you set the chocolates on the counter and headed for the door, hoping the delivery guy didn't leave just yet. You swung the door open then you froze, standing there with wide eyes like you were seeing a ghost.

"Looks like the delivery guy forgot to give you your flowers. Someone isn't getting a tip." He grinned widely holding up your bouquet of roses.

"Dylan!" you leaped over wrapping your arms around his neck and squeezed him tight, trying so hard not to cry. "Oh my god, baby!"