More Than Friends (Part 1)

You were in the middle of packing your things when you got a call from Liam, your bestfriend.
"Hey loser," you smiled into the phone.
"Hey Y/N, I was just checking if we were still on for tonight?"
"Of course, I'm just packing."
"Great, by the way, mom's asking if you're down for burgers?"
"Am I ever not down for burgers?"
"Good point, I'll let you finish up and see you in a few."
"Yea, bye." you said hanging up.
You've always slept at Liam's house, despite you both being what society would phrase as hormonal teenagers. Also neither of your parents minded because they knew you were both just friends and trusted you. But of course, they always kept a blowup mattress on standby just in case any urges arose.
You threw your bag over your shoulder and joined your mother in the car.
"Ready kiddo?"
"Yea mom," you said buckling up as she started the car.
"Are you sure you have everything? Toothbrush, deodorant, condoms?"
"What?" you exclaimed.
"You heard me," she giggled.
"No, mom." you groaned.
"Okay, I think Liam might have some."
"Mom! I highly doubt Liam has condoms."
"You're right, we'll pick some up on the way."
"Can you knock it off! Please?"
"Fine, it's just you look unusually pretty for a sleepover, with Liam."
"I like looking pretty,"
"I'm sure Liam likes when you look pretty as well."
"We're just friends."
"So were your dad and I,"
"Oh look, we're here." You exclaimed as she pulled up to the driveway.
"Okay, go on. Have fun, but not too much."
"Goodbye mom," you groaned hopping out of the car.
As soon as you rung the doorbell, Liam opened it and gave you a bone-crushing hug causing your mom to honk the horn.
"Hey Mrs. Y/L/N!"
"Hi Liam," she yelled back. "Bye Liam," she said driving off.
"So, the adults are in the backyard, but it's a little warm with the grilling and all so you should probably lose the cardigan."
"Okay," you smiled.
"Here, I'll help you," he said taking the sweater from off your shoulders and unwittingly caressing your bare arms in the process.
"Hey kids," his mom said coming in.
"Hey Mrs. Geyer," you smiled before giving her a hug.
"Y/N sweetheart, it's gonna get a little a bit chilly later, are you sure don't want to wear that cardigan?"
"Liam told me it was warm," you whined.
"Yea, because that cardigan's your favourite and I don't want to ruin it."
"How would you ruin it?"
"Like this," he said tossing you over his shoulder and running into the backyard with you.
"LIAM, DON'T YOU DARE!" You yelled as he approached the pool.
"Do what?" he asked dropping you into the pool.
"Liam, I cannot believe you did that!"
"Sorry," he said making a run for it as he saw you climbing out.
You chased him until he managed to grab you and pull you both into the pool. You both splashed each other and yelled until his stepdad yelled to tell you guys that the burgers were ready.
Luckily, his mother was waiting with towels and blankets for both of you because as soon as the sun set, the temperature dropped about ten degrees. They lit the fire pit and you all gathered around it as you and Liam huddled together to try to keep warm.
"Are you kids warm yet?" Dr. Geyer asked.
"Not really," you said in unison, stealing fries off of each other's plate.
"Maybe you should get out of the wet clothes,"
"Maybe later," Liam said pulling you closer so your head was on his shoulder.
"Is there something going on between you two?" Dr. Geyer asked pointing between you two.
"No," you both said nonchalantly taking a bite out of your third burger.
"It's okay if there is you know,"
"Mom, we're friends."
"Yea, just friends," you added.
"Look, I know you guys may not want to believe it, but it's okay to be attracted to each other. And to even feel sexual feelings-"
"Mom!" Liam yelled.
"Yea Mrs. Geyer, gross."
"There's nothing gross about it, it's human nature. And you're sixteen, it's perfectly acceptable with your hormones racing that you two might want to experiment."
"Dad! Stop!"
"Yea, really, stop."
"Okay, okay but here," his mother said handing him a paper bag.
To your surprise, it was a box of condoms. Wait, scratch that. Several boxes of different variations of condoms and a bottle of lube. Liam dropped the bag in horror.
"What the hell mom?"
"Yea, we got flavoured, ribbed, studded-"
"Please, stop," you groaned using your hands to cover your blushing face.
"Sorry, sorry."
"We're leaving," Liam said getting up and helping you up before you both walked off.
Of course, they insisted you take the condoms and you did.
"How embarrassing was that?" Liam asked after you were both changed and sitting on his floor and playing video games.
"Totally, I mean flavoured condoms?"
"Why can't they accept that we're just friends?" He asked shooting an enemy.
"Exactly, it's so irritating. Even Brett teases me about it."
"Brett teases you?"
"He's Brett," you scoffed you scoffed, your eyes never leaving the screen.
"Good point,"
"I'm bored," you sighed running into crossfire and getting your character killed.
"We can do something else," he said hopping on the bed next to you.
"We could talk I guess,"
"Sure let's talk," he said turning down the bed and lying down. "Come on," he said motioning for you to lie next to him.
"So, my mom offered to get us condoms."
"What is it with all the adults around here?" Liam asked pulling you over so you were lying on his chest.
"It's like they want us to have sex."
"We should," he said confidently.
"Wait what?" you shot up, straddling him.
"It was a joke," he stuttered.
"Was it," you smirked.
"Totally,"
"Okay," you said rolling off of him and resuming your previous position with your head on his chest and his arms around you. "So, that pass in the game last week-" you trailed off.
You both fell asleep in that position and his mother came in, threw a blanket over two, turned the lights off and walked out; still skeptical that you two were just friends.