Chapter 5: He sleeps in my room

I tap my pen aggressively against the wooden desk top. 5 more minutes until the weekend. The teacher is convinced we still have time to write down all the Prime Ministers of Australia in order before the bell rings. Having an education in Coburg is so much easier.

This week has been horrid, I've been placed on detention 2 times this week. The first incident wasn't even my fault,this chick threw chewing gum in my hair. What was I suppose to say "It's okay, you can do it again". So I punched her, in the gut really hard. I watched as the tears swelled into her eyes. I felt bad but also strong. No one messes with Emma Sahyoune.

The second incident I don't wanna bring up, the teacher is a bitch, end of.

Can you believe the most beautiful sound is of our school bell, informing us that class is over. I thought it would never ring.

In a fast pace I put my pencil case and history book in my bag and then I slung it over my shoulders. I dashed out of the classroom and I went out in the car park. I don't know who was picking me up so I just waited until I saw a familiar car.

I wonder where Beau is, he usually picks me up.

Where is Daniel? It's 3:34pm, I've called him numerous times and he won't pick up.

"Hey there" A familiar voice says from behind me. Their hot breath pushes against my neck making the hairs on my back stick up. It can't be.

He places his hand on my fore arm and I just stare at his familiar hand. It can't.

I rip his hand of my arm and chuck hit out of my grip.

"You're still like this Em, I thought you would have changed by now"

It is him. His tongue was gliding against the back of my neck in a circular motion. Why can't I fight back? I so desperately wanted him off me.

I felt sick so I lifted my right leg and swung it up behind me. Impact.

"FUCK" he screamed. He was no longer touching me so I ran, I didn't want to look at him, although seeing him in pain would make me feel good. I ran out of the school gates and I didn't stop. I continually glanced at my forearm and I imagined his hand there, the ill feelings all came back.

When would Carter stop taunting me? When will this end?

I was far from the school gates now so I stopped running, I took in slow breaths to relax my breathing.

My heart was racing and even more so when a car pulled up beside me. I watched as the window of the car slowly rolled down. To my surprise Marcus was there.

His smile brightened my whole mood. "Hey Emma" he greeted me. With a sigh of relief I said "Hey Marcus"

"Do you need a ride?" Marcus kindly asked. I couldn't have accepted sooner. He unlocked the door to his car and I gently opened it.

His car had a boyish good smell, I loved it. Everything was tidy and he had a miniature soccer ball hanging off his rear view mirror.

His engine was still on so his just pulled out of the side of the road and began driving.

"I didn't see you at school at all, I lost you at homeroom" Marcus said.

"Yeah I know, if you don't mind me asking What were you doing at the school all that time?" I asked.

"I was just scoping into a program you had running at the school and there was a meeting" he explained.

"You know it sucks that your only here for 2 more weeks" I said sadly.

"I know, we will just have to make the best of the time we have together" he replied.

I loved how he said 'we' but I have to remember not to get so attached.