Chapter 24: Maybe it's our time

Recap:

"What do you want me to say?" he sighed out "Do you want me to lie and say that I'm happy for you?" he asked.

"No, just tell me why you arn't" I asked desperately.

"Because I think I still l-" he held his tongue in fear of saying something he couldn't take back.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What?" I spat out.

"What?" he said but it was muffled as his hand was still covering his mouth.

"Finish what you were going to say" I told him.

"No" he simply replied.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Forget it" he said, by passing me, collecting a Tim Tam from the open packet on the bench before leaving.

I was left in a state of utter confusion, I'm not going to be daft and say I'm clueless about the whole situation but if I didn't know any better myself, I thought he was going to end his sentence with "Like you" which is highly unlikely.

Maybe he was going to say "I lied to you" maybe. Like I said, I'm confused. Maybe I'll never know what he was going to say.

I grabbed myself a Tim Tam before exiting out of the kitchen and entering back into the lounge room.

The conversation was pretty normal except for the fact that Jai didn't say anything. He was starting to bother me, like why couldn't he be happy for us?

"That was a bitchy move, leaving Collin when you came with him" Jai said not to anyone in particular, not even making eye contact with me, when he was obviously referring to me.

"What's your problem Jai?" I spat out.

He stood up, as did I.

We just stared into eye others eyes, pure eye contact, not the slightest thing distracted us. His eyes read that he was hurt yet his body language said that he was angry, as for me, I was just angry.

I couldn't work out what the source of his rage was so I looked down for a second, before stepping to the side and walking upstairs to my bed room. I sat there for a while, just on my single bed and I recounted all the recent events into my journal that I rarely used. Then I got into some deep thoughts.

Maybe I was a bitch for leaving Collin there. Yet he seemed so happy with Victoria, only because I left him. It all happened for a reason. Beau, he is the reason I smile, the reason I laugh even when I'm mad, he saved me from Carter even when I was so rude to him. Yet why is he so good to me. Maybe he was too good for me.

I decided to subside these thoughts and jump onto twitter. For some reason my mentions were blown up, this only ever happens when Daniel actually tweets me back. I noticed that I was included in all these comments from a photo posted last night. I clicked on it out or curiosity.

On a side angle was Beau, facing me, holding a corsage and placing it on my wrist. It was by far my favourite photo with him, actually I think it was our first photo together. It was captioned "Maybe Beau isn't a faggot?" that part made me a bit made.

I automatically saved the photo to my desktop and I changed it to my background on my laptop. I read some of the tweets, many were from Janoskian accounts.

"@JaiD1: Wait isn't that Daniel's sister? Wow she is so pretty" I immediately thought she was lying.

"@danielisfab: Are Beau and Emma together? Look how cute he is in a tux"