Chapter 11: What hurts the most

Recap: 

"Wait your telling me that you don't remember a thing?" he asked.  

I shook my head no.  

"So what exactly happened last night?"  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beau gulped hard.  

"Right okay um" he began.  

For Beau's sake he was saved by the bell.  

"Beau, Emma, Downstairs NOW!" Daniel shouted from downstairs.  

Beau inhaled and then I got up and he followed my lead downstairs, I was still left without answers. The journey down the stairs was certainly interesting, there were quite a few 'things' left behind on our staircase in which I sure as hell wasn't removing.  

"Gross" I exhaled watching intently on where my feet stepped and where my hands were placed.   As we made it downstairs the mess was even worse. Plastic cups, empty beer cans, toilet paper, napkins and rubbish everywhere in our house.  

As I carefully stepped into Daniel's direction I watched as Luke exited the kitchen, shirtless, with a plastic cup in his hand. As if in slow motion I watched his smile raise when he looked at me and even remained when I walked past.  

He has never smiled at me like that before, like I was worth something. Beau must have noticed the smile because in the corner of my eye I watched as his hands clenched into  fists but then he released and placed his hand on the small of my back moving me along.   

Once I entered the kitchen Daniel assigned me cleaning duties, something was up his ass and if I wasn't going to get answers from Beau I needed to get answers from my brother. I followed him out of the kitchen and into the lounge room.  

"What is your problem?" I asked with a little bit of attitude as I pulled up my gloves.  

"What is my problem?" he repeated.   

"This" he spat out "You" he said and pointed to me and then to someone behind me, my best guess, Beau.  

"Skip, it's nothing" Beau brushed it off.  

"NOTHING?" Daniel said raising his voice.  

"YOU SLEPT TOGETHER" He shouted and I watched as Luke immediately shot up from the couch. 

"What?" Luke asked. His hand was tightly gripped around his plastic cup.  

"We didn't sleep together, I mean technically yes but not in the way that-" I began to ramble.  

"Emma" Beau said grasping my attention.  

"Yeah?" I said as I looked back at him.  

"Shut up" he said, loud and clear.  

Subconsciously my eyes were wide open, my jaw dropped down and my tongue rested effortlessly on my inner gum and my head rolled back. Beau just told me to shut up, clearly when he said nothing, it means nothing.  

"Then Beau, why don't you explain to me what exactly happened last night" Daniel said.  

"Yeah, we'd all like to know" I mumbled as I passed him and sat next to Luke on the couch. Luke now gave me a forced half ass smile, where you show no teeth but the sides of your lips are curved giving the impression that your kind of smiling.  

What is even going on?  

"Okay well, she was drunk, completely wasted and then she asked me to sleep with her, not sleep but actually sleep. She said she didn't want to be alone or some shit, I was like "There are too many people downstairs for you to feel alone" but she didn't care, she pleaded and just to shut her up I stayed the night" Beau explained his version.