Chapter 7: Dreaming of him

As promised that after noon I took Marcus to see my favourite place in the whole city. I always go there when times are stressful or when I just need time to think.

The easiest way to get there and the most common route I use is on my penny board so Lacey lent hers to Marcus and we rode.

No one knows about this place, at least I'd like to think that no one does. We ride to the skatepark and do a few tricks before Marcus follows my lead again. I take him threw the alley which my idiot friends named it "Jahoo Alley". We had to pick up our boards as we walked through the thick grass. We headed into an eastern direction till we came to the hedge.

The hedge made this area hidden and secluded. Marcus stayed silent as I found my normal passage. Once I found my opening I took hold of Marcus' free hand and led him through the thick hedge.

"Close your eyes" I whispered to him so none of the hedge twigs would get stuck in his eye. Once we were though the hedge I removed the leaves that dropped down from the oak tree. Little light managed to weave through the thick branches of the tree.

I sat in my usual spot beneath the tree and looked out. My view wasn't like in many books where I have my own pond and all the rabbits are my friends. My view was just of more hedge surrounding us. The only cool thing about this place was that there was a stump and the stump was hollow. I took some round wood from my dads shed and attached it to the stump creating a little box. There I fill it with chocolate and lollies. It's a good thing the sun doesn't shine though or else they would melt.

At first I was hesitant to show Marcus my place because I didn't want him to see it and then expose it or I was scared that he wouldn't appreciate it they way I do.

My original vow was that I was going to bring the person I loved and the person who loved me back here to show them my place. Then it could be our place.

I've never had a proper boyfriend because Daniel always scares them off before second date and I've never met someone I truly loved.

I don't love Marcus but I do trust him and since he is going home soon I believe the secret of this place will go with him. Maybe this will bring us closer?

"Wow this place is truly amazing, I can see why it's your favourite place" Marcus said as he sat next to me.

"Marcus, I know your going in too weeks and I vowed to myself to not get attached but I want to know something. Do you like me?"

"I vowed myself the same thing, but I'm glad Lace insisted I met you because you really are something special. I really do like you"

"I feel that there is a but coming on"

Marcus chuckled and continued "but, I can't help but sense competition or that your brother doesn't like me"

"Daniel is just protective and competition with who?"

"Your brothers friends"

I sat there and thought for a few silent moments. He felt competition between Beau, Luke, Jai and James? How could he possibly feel that?

"How I have a question for you"

"Alright, go for it"

"Is this place secret, a place you haven't shown anyone before?"

I nodded, I was afraid of how Marcus would react.

He placed one arm over my shoulder and kissed my temple. I rested my head on his shoulder and it felt good to share that place with someone else.

"Your secret is safe with me" he whispered in my ear.

"Marcus, I just have one more question"

"Hm"